What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally

After 21 months of research, procrastination, more research, and more procrastination I have finally begun to purchase supplies. Yesterday I ordered a scale, EO's, and lye & today I went out and picked up a stick blender, 2 candy thermometers, safety glasses and long cuff gloves. So psyched to officially begin my journey.

After 21 months of research, procrastination, more research, and more procrastination I have finally begun to purchase supplies. Yesterday I ordered a scale, EO's, and lye & today I went out and picked up a stick blender, 2 candy thermometers, safety glasses and long cuff gloves. So psyched to officially begin my journey.

Good luck!

I completed phase 1 today of a bridal soap I am making for a family wedding, which consisted of making and pouring the base batter for the bars. Phase 2, which I will do tomorrow after unmolding and cutting, will consist of doing brush-embroidery, a la Soaping 101, on the face of the cut bars with fresh soap batter and attaching soap 'pearls' to them. I've never attempted brush embroidery before, so I'm a little nervous and excited about it all at the same time.

IrishLass :)

Good luck with the brush embroidery...I've never heard of that before. Can't wait to see pics!

I completed phase 1 today of a bridal soap I am making for a family wedding, which consisted of making and pouring the base batter for the bars. Phase 2, which I will do tomorrow after unmolding and cutting, will consist of doing brush-embroidery, a la Soaping 101, on the face of the cut bars with fresh soap batter and attaching soap 'pearls' to them. I've never attempted brush embroidery before, so I'm a little nervous and excited about it all at the same time.

IrishLass :)

you now you're going to HAVE to post pictures, right???

I FINALLY got my soap molds, and after a CP soaping hiatus of over 3 months, I got to scratch the itch. I tried my own version of this soap
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=41926&highlight=africa
with new oil recipe AND cpop-ing. LS just doesn't cut it, and I'm so glad I'm back to CP soaping! now...the wait is on until I can cut the darned things! LOL. glad I bought 2 molds so I can play with the other one tomorrow if I can't wait any longer.

that's so exciting! I did my first batch last week. it just didn't satisfy me like CP does. i like swirling...can't really swirl LS. lol

I'm not ready for swirling yet :) Soon I think ill try one of the color samples I got and see how it comes out. Just the thought makes me nervous LOL

What kind of LS did you make? I found it fun.

a 100% CO one for dishes, and another one with softer oils (can't remember the recipe).

my soap is gelling already! this cpop business moves fast! now watching it like a hawk so it doesn't overheat...

My last holiday soap!

IMG_5543.jpg

Wow froggybean! That's beautiful!

You made my day, Katie! Thanks very much! The top was initially a taiwan swirl but didn't pop enough for my liking, so I did some drops of gold mica/oil and white then swirled those again. I scented it with BB's Santa's Spruce amped up with a touch of fir needle, spearmint and 10x orange eo

You made my day, Katie! Thanks very much! The top was initially a taiwan swirl but didn't pop enough for my liking, so I did some drops of gold mica/oil and white then swirled those again. I scented it with BB's Santa's Spruce amped up with a touch of fir needle, spearmint and 10x orange eo

Pics when you cut it please :) Wish there was smell-o-vision :grin:

I made a soap utilizing the last of my cocoa butter as well as some of my mom's hair. I also decided to utilize some raw sugar for extra lathering power and to play around with the black oxide I have.

Wait..your mom's hair? :shock: On purpose? :lol:

last couple of days. My first attempt at a swirl top and in mold swirl. Finally got the PVC pipe to work. Did not have a fragrance on the soap was trying to do a funnel pour but it was too thick so it turned into a spoon plop. Actually turned out kinda cool. Hubbie liked them. This batch was wetter than I am used to. Not going to use this formulation again but I was using up my lye and oils and had to make it work with what I had. But then again after it is cured and I get to use the soap is when I will ultimately decide if I like it or not. Please remember i am new to all this so be easy on me :razz:

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6676.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

Back