What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just unmolded this baby. Cleared up my allergies in no time. It's Eucalyptus & Mint FO from Nurture Soap. Going to wait to cut her later today. I like the color from Mad Mica's-Lettuce Entertain you. I also added in some TD. She is sprinkled with Eucalyptus leaves, mint leaves and a tad bit of glitter.

Attachments

• EucalyptusMint.jpg
    EucalyptusMint.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 0
How odd, I used to use Neem oil for stink bugs on Pecan Trees. It's an oily sealant to keep away bugs. We used to buy large gallons for our orchard. I could have sworn it smelled like citrus and oranges. I proceed to the neem oil I recently bought and it smells weird. I can't explain what it smells like to me. I know that people like Neem oil soap for many skin issues. Google it. I will be making neem soap and seeing if it's good. 🌳
A lot of what is sold for plants is a mix of neem and other ingredients to cover or at least lessen the smell of straight neem, which smells like a rancid garlic-onion mix to a lot of folks. I personally don't find it that bad, but I do put a strong FO in the neem soaps I make for DH. They are fantastic for not irritating his eczema and psoriasis like so many other soaps tend to do.

How odd, I used to use Neem oil for stink bugs on Pecan Trees. It's an oily sealant to keep away bugs. We used to buy large gallons for our orchard. I could have sworn it smelled like citrus and oranges. I proceed to the neem oil I recently bought and it smells weird. I can't explain what it smells like to me. I know that people like Neem oil soap for many skin issues. Google it. I will be making neem soap and seeing if it's good. 🌳
It smells like the stink bugs!

I added the 3rd round of EO drops to my bathroom sachet spray trying to get the fragrance strong as I want it to be. Lemongrass, grapefruit, bergamot.

I'm sorry I posted about my sachet spray. I have to remember that this is a soap-making forum, not soaps and scents. It's all combined in what I enjoy doing that I call apothecary and aromatherapy.

I'm sorry I posted about my sachet spray. I have to remember that this is a soap-making forum, not soaps and scents. It's all combined in what I enjoy doing that I call apothecary and aromatherapy.
Welcome @ArtsyLadyCrafter! You can definitely post about that kind of stuff on SMF; we have bath and body forums, candle forums, other crafts, and even general chat if ya just wanna spill the tea. ;)

The top-nav (at the top of your page) should have one item that says Forums. Click on that, and you will see all the different options for places to post about whatever you are making. :)

Welcome @ArtsyLadyCrafter! You can definitely post about that kind of stuff on SMF; we have bath and body forums, candle forums, other crafts, and even general chat if ya just wanna spill the tea. ;)

The top-nav (at the top of your page) should have one item that says Forums. Click on that, and you will see all the different options for places to post about whatever you are making. :)
Thank you so much! After I read your reply, I remembered that I had looked over the site before I joined and I probably saw forums for other mixtures than just soaps. That is probably why I joined. I'll continue looking around and getting familiarized. 😊

Oop, experienced my first really bad case of a soap seizing when I added the FO. I *knew* it accelerated too, I got impatient and didn't let things cool enough 😭 Lesson learned, and boy am I glad I was only making a 20oz test loaf. I got it into the mold but that bad boy was chunky like applesauce.
Well. It at least turned out much better than I expected for how wrong it went.

IMG_7878.jpeg

Made a lightly pink (Himalayan rhubarb root infusion), WSP barber shoppe scented, CP shaving soap (bentonite clay, soy wax, cocoa butter, PKO, and CO)

View attachment 77748

The last soap looks a hot mess though🤣
Just curious ~ do those rounds fit in a shaving soap cup to use with a lather brush? Or do you lather with your hands?

Oop, experienced my first really bad case of a soap seizing when I added the FO. I *knew* it accelerated too, I got impatient and didn't let things cool enough 😭 Lesson learned, and boy am I glad I was only making a 20oz test loaf. I got it into the mold but that bad boy was chunky like applesauce.
Is that going to be the name? "Chunky like applesauce"? 🤔😄 Turn those 🍋 into 🍋-ade 😁

This last week: I made baby soap. No fragrance. Olive oil, castor oil, palm oil, and coconut oil. HP. Took it to a friend of mine, that just had a baby. I notice that I need to tap the mold, as there are air bubbles in it. This part of the soap is not polished up yet. I like the rustic look of HP soap. No smell, just smells like, well, soap!

Attachments

• baby soap.jpg
    baby soap.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
This last week: I made baby soap. No fragrance. Olive oil, castor oil, palm oil, and coconut oil. HP. Took it to a friend of mine, that just had a baby.
Did you just give week old soap for a baby ? HP, still needs to cure.

Back