What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful soap @Misschief !

These are the lotion bars I made yesterday. How have I never made these before?? The cream colored ones are a Soap Queen recipe with cocoa butter. I left them unscented because the cocoa butter is just so yummy. The pink ones are @Zing inspired with meadowfoam oil and Shea. I added a little mica and lemongrass eo.

Attachments

• 1B37D726-6995-452C-A7B7-4DFDC190E5DE.jpeg
    1B37D726-6995-452C-A7B7-4DFDC190E5DE.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
Yesterday, I made a line pour design soap - I am calling it Swishes - because it looks like it swishes from side to side. Scented in Christmas Cabin - but I don't think it smells Christmassy. It smells like cranberry and cinnamon to me.View attachment 52828

That is so pretty. I just ordered these soap mold anglers off etsy and so I might try to copy?

Finally making soap. Weird how not making soap for several weeks put me out of practice. This batch took me longer than usual because I’m using a new soaping area and am learning how to make do with a smaller working space. Used NG’s Australian Bamboo FO. Forgot to put the powdered sugar in the aloe juice. 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• 10E186A0-4FEC-4F09-99B3-3E07CBDC4139.jpeg
    10E186A0-4FEC-4F09-99B3-3E07CBDC4139.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 29
Beautiful soap @Misschief !

These are the lotion bars I made yesterday. How have I never made these before?? The cream colored ones are a Soap Queen recipe with cocoa butter. I left them unscented because the cocoa butter is just so yummy. The pink ones are @Zing inspired with meadowfoam oil and Shea. I added a little mica and lemongrass eo.
I love lotion bars - they are literally the first thing I ever made (back in 2012).

Your soap is gorgeous, the colors are giving me south beach Florida vibes.
As for the slanted layers, yes! I set the mold at an angle and poured a layer, let it set as I prepped the next layer, turned the mold, set it an angle on the other side and.poured the next layer.

As you can see I had multiple failures, and so I had to watch the soapish video on YouTube like 15 times. The trick for me, was in that I had to use different angles for the first layer, second layer, fourth layer and the fifth layer was laid flat. AND I had to physically restrain myself from pouring all the way to the opposite side of the mold.

Sorry, no one wanted all this detail but I have so much undeserved pride in finally not making a mess of this soap!!!!

Awww, thank you!

I'm more pleased with it than any one person has the right to be. Especially given some of the absolute perfection I see in these pictures....but I'm pretty gosh darned happy with it. Now, you cannot look at the soaps in front of and behind it.. which were both dismal fails......ha ha
Well, I am really impressed!

The red and gold one started out too thin and I made myself wait. I’m starting to learn what that looks like. The blues one I may have let it thicken too much. So while the stripes are pretty, I’ll have to wait and see how mch detail I get in the design. It’s such a fine line between too thick and too thin! I’m still sad I can’t get the same tallow that I started with. It was perfect.
Also, my shamrock cane was a 4 hr carpal tunnel inducing utter failure. But the happy accident globe I made from the scraps was so fun I just smooshed thecane and made more. Smooshing soap dough with not much of a goal is very therapeutic! I may use up the rest of the old dough I have doing the same. And it’s totally cured! Went to rinse it off my hands and it made a lovely lather that wasn’t irritating at all! Ha!
Unmolded my mermaid too soon and lost her face. Tried sculpting one and it was scary. 😆 Making myself wait for the other two new molds.

Attachments

• 8024A058-813E-4B82-8ACB-DD5D61F6D697.jpeg
    8024A058-813E-4B82-8ACB-DD5D61F6D697.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2DB21CB7-E524-454D-A300-7BF40862B65E.jpeg
    2DB21CB7-E524-454D-A300-7BF40862B65E.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 37368B69-E069-4F85-B078-24795C135A21.jpeg
    37368B69-E069-4F85-B078-24795C135A21.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 033F7E0E-2426-45A4-982B-B9CAD7996669.jpeg
    033F7E0E-2426-45A4-982B-B9CAD7996669.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 25
The red and gold one started out too thin and I made myself wait. I’m starting to learn what that looks like. The blues one I may have let it thicken too much. So while the stripes are pretty, I’ll have to wait and see how mch detail I get in the design. It’s such a fine line between too thick and too thin! I’m still sad I can’t get the same tallow that I started with. It was perfect.
Also, my shamrock cane was a 4 hr carpal tunnel inducing utter failure. But the happy accident globe I made from the scraps was so fun I just smooshed thecane and made more. Smooshing soap dough with not much of a goal is very therapeutic! I may use up the rest of the old dough I have doing the same. And it’s totally cured! Went to rinse it off my hands and it made a lovely lather that wasn’t irritating at all! Ha!
Unmolded my mermaid too soon and lost her face. Tried sculpting one and it was scary. 😆 Making myself wait for the other two new molds.
I love the worlds too!

I made one last soap for this year. I took inspiration from Marie's Lots & Lots of Clay soap (Humblebee & Me). What a treat to make this one! I scented it with just a hint of Nag Champa, which I absolutely love. It came to trace and poured beautifully, so creamy and smooth. I'll wait to see what the soap is like but I think I'll be making this one again and again.

20201231_152342.jpg

Neat! Maybe we should make a new thread for posting pictures of our hobbies 😊 I'm a crocheter (mostly of amigurumi). I also dabble in drawing, painting, photography, hand lettering and other crafty things that strike me.
There is one already :)

Today (first day of the new year!) Made Kawakawa and Aloe soap. Kawakawa is a native bush that the Maori have used for centuries for its medicinal qualities. I infused some OO with it, then use it and the infused oil, in the soap.
5ECD1038-31B0-417D-ADFF-F1DEFF79285A.jpegF70F9155-B3BB-4EDE-8A65-DFBBC954448A.jpeg

I made one last soap for this year. I took inspiration from Marie's Lots & Lots of Clay soap (Humblebee & Me). What a treat to make this one! I scented it with just a hint of Nag Champa, which I absolutely love. It came to trace and poured beautifully, so creamy and smooth. I'll wait to see what the soap is like but I think I'll be making this one again and again.

View attachment 52868
I have made that soap several times. I live soap with lots of clay!

View attachment 52868
I love Nag Champa. Where do you get your FO if you don't mind sharing.

Today I made a test batch of bath bombs and am now steaming the crap outta my black soap to remove ash. discovered my steamer leaks the hard way with a nice leg burn.

On another note, what self-respecting soap maker takes a week off and doesn't make sure their lye is stocked?
Apparently, me and the lye wont be here until after im back to work. :beatinghead:

OMG, just finished my very last supply order for the year. I'm beat, but excited!

Today I made a test batch of bath bombs and am now steaming the crap outta my black soap to remove ash. discovered my steamer leaks the hard way with a nice leg burn.

On another note, what self-respecting soap maker takes a week off and doesn't make sure their lye is stocked?
Apparently, me and the lye wont be here until after im back to work. :beatinghead:

I'm literally swimming in lye like scrooge mcduck. Wish I could send you some. Oh well, maybe the lye will come early, it happens!

I just finished a slab mold with Aloe Water and Sea Kelp. Plan was to be a mostly white soap with some greeen swirled in.

The green turned into a baby's diaper after a round of antibiotics...up the back and down the legs LOL. Like just throw the kid away. Actually cracking myself up with that analogy. But seriously that's what it looks like. Hopefully it turns back to green after cpop. Or at least not poopy brown/green.

09C4F66E-6152-4744-AEFA-9BA520A7E28E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back