What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your pipe divider swirl! That's what I did yesterday, too, and my results were... less than stellar. I may go back to just swirling colors on the top, which usually turns out very well for me (and it requires NO MATH).

That looks fantastic! I've been wanting to try the lollipop swirl soon, but you've set the bar really high.
Thank you, but I did 6 tries all together, and boy are they difficult. They really kicked my butt. I did manage to get two successful attempts and I entered what I thought was my best - we shall see.

omg those are absolutely adorable!!!! Good luck on the Soap Challenge. I think you have a winner there!!

And no, haven't tried comfort and joy yet. It's on my list of "I keep forgetting to add to my cart" LOL. I should just go ahead and order every FO there. I'm gonna end up doing it eventually anyway.
Thank you. I've been entering challenges for the past year - and honestly have learned lot! I have loved every single fragrance I have ever gotten from Nurture Soap. I only started ordering from them consistently during the past year. They have never disappointed me.

Thank you. I've been entering challenges for the past year - and honestly have learned lot! I have loved every single fragrance I have ever gotten from Nurture Soap. I only started ordering from them consistently during the past year. They have never disappointed me.
The free shipping and $1 per review perk is a plus for me. I love every FO I have gotten from them. Minus the Empress which did a weird color morph for me. It smells great, but turned yellow with TD. I still have 2 oz left, so will try a batch without the TD. It is supposed to discolor to light tan.

Cut my soap and posted pics 2 more soaps, alternating wall pours . Now I have to practice piano for our annual caroling party with a twist -- online of course. The good news we only have to clean what's in view of the camera. Bad news is there's a lot of technology, thank goodness my millennial sons are in the house. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, soapy people!

I love your pipe divider swirl! That's what I did yesterday, too, and my results were... less than stellar. I may go back to just swirling colors on the top, which usually turns out very well for me (and it requires NO MATH)s

Your 'and it requires no math' statement has given me some anxiety! :oops: Am I supposed to math using this technique?? I just eyeball it when I separate a batch for a given design and ultimately end up with too much of one colour or not enough of another. It's a area that I tend to learn from my mistakes.
Having said all that, I love the technique and love being able to see the design as it develops.

The free shipping and $1 per review perk is a plus for me. I love every FO I have gotten from them. Minus the Empress which did a weird color morph for me. It smells great, but turned yellow with TD. I still have 2 oz left, so will try a batch without the TD. It is supposed to discolor to light tan.
According to their testing notes, the older formulation discolors to tan, but the new formulation does not discolor. Do you know which you have?

@SPowers all the YouTube soapers do these fancy calculations for how much soap they need to properly fill the base, and how much they need to fill the pipes. They helpfully offer their formulas for figuring this out.

I started doing the math, started getting a headache, and came up with a much better idea, IMO:

Just make WAY TOO MUCH SOAP BATTER. Have extra molds on hand. Ta-da!

Cut my soap and posted pics 2 more soaps, alternating wall pours . Now I have to practice piano for our annual caroling party with a twist -- online of course. The good news we only have to clean what's in view of the camera. Bad news is there's a lot of technology, thank goodness my millennial sons are in the house. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, soapy people!
Enjoy your "safe" holiday party. Merry Christmas to you as well.

According to their testing notes, the older formulation discolors to tan, but the new formulation does not discolor. Do you know which you have?
I just got it two weeks ago. I would presume I got the newer formula. But when I looked at their test notes then, it said it discolored, so maybe they were selling the old formula up until I got it. In my family we call that SL (Somers Luck) lol.

@SPowers all the YouTube soapers do these fancy calculations for how much soap they need to properly fill the base, and how much they need to fill the pipes. They helpfully offer their formulas for figuring this out.

I started doing the math, started getting a headache, and came up with a much better idea, IMO:

Just make WAY TOO MUCH SOAP BATTER. Have extra molds on hand. Ta-da!
That's what I do LOL. or if I have a new mold, keep making extra less and less until I have the perfect amount. My regular loaf molds...I have them down to having no extra. My square loaf mold I always have one or two "guest bars". I'm still working on the slab mold lol.

If i am doing a fancy pour I always do extra, because I am bound to screw up the math somewhere along the line.

I just got it two weeks ago. I would presume I got the newer formula. But when I looked at their test notes then, it said it discolored, so maybe they were selling the old formula up until I got it. In my family we call that SL (Somers Luck) lol.
Yes, or just plain "bad luck".

That's what I do LOL. or if I have a new mold, keep making extra less and less until I have the perfect amount. My regular loaf molds...I have them down to having no extra. My square loaf mold I always have one or two "guest bars". I'm still working on the slab mold lol.

If i am doing a fancy pour I always do extra, because I am bound to screw up the math somewhere along the line.
Sometimes that works, and sometimes that doesn't work. I am working on a soap with many layers - each layer needs to be precise.

Made this yesterday, and unmolded and cut today. It's Frangipani and Coconut scented with coconut cream added.
View attachment 42584 View attachment 42585
Just Beautiful' love your colors and the lacy design' Stunning

Bought another Heart Shaped Silicone Mold thought id test it out' & practice pipping too. today the house was cooler so I thought id put it in the oven just to heat it up a little so it can continue jelling on its own' I thought Id set the oven at its lowest temp' but when I checked it I was shocked to discover my oven was at 250* and my soap looked like soufflés oh my gosh! & they wanted to remain puffed up' I literally had to push them back down so strange, & my pipping didn't go as planned either. Yeah one of them kinda soaping Days. 😂🤣😅

I made soap! Hadn't made any since Thanksgiving... so, practically forever.

This was my first batch in my new smaller slab mold from Nurture, and my second swing at a pipe divider swirl. My base soap thickened too fast to get the design I wanted, but it was still pretty. I think the swirled leftover batter that went into another mold looks even better though. Both are now insulated for the night, so we shall see what the morning brings.

We might have the same slab mold from Nurture. I FLOVE it! I have a huge slab mold and I'm not a fan because I make so many mistakes. I think the NS one holds like 4 pounds of soap so I'm not super mad if things go poorly.

We might have the same slab mold from Nurture. I FLOVE it! I have a huge slab mold and I'm not a fan because I make so many mistakes. I think the NS one holds like 4 pounds of soap so I'm not super mad if things go poorly.
I've not heard the term 'flove' before but i think I know what it means and will add it to my vocabulary ;-)

Back