What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I would to know how do some of you mix the colours to make them super strong? I do gell my soap.
I just put more in until I get it that shade I want : )

@msunnerstood, @Jersey Girl, @Zing, @amd, @Zany_in_CO - thank you for your suggestions - some more useful than others o_O. I was looking at the quartz idea, but i think I've gotten attached to the name 'Blizzard' now. I was thinking of 'Oreo Blizzard' like at Dairy Queen in the US, but then I figured the fragrance wouldn't match. I did a combo deal on the FO - BRV 18g ( last of the bottle) with coconut 7g and Lemongrass EO 5g. I did use coconut cream in the recipe so maybe I could do Berry and Coconut Blizzard?

@msunnerstood, @Jersey Girl, @Zing, @amd, @Zany_in_CO - thank you for your suggestions - some more useful than others o_O. I was looking at the quartz idea, but i think I've gotten attached to the name 'Blizzard' now. I was thinking of 'Oreo Blizzard' like at Dairy Queen in the US, but then I figured the fragrance wouldn't match. I did a combo deal on the FO - BRV 18g ( last of the bottle) with coconut 7g and Lemongrass EO 5g. I did use coconut cream in the recipe so maybe I could do Berry and Coconut Blizzard?

I like that or just Berry Coconut Blizzard. Or Coconut Berry Blizzard. That’s funny because I was actually going to suggest the Dairy Queen blizzard but was pretty sure New Zealand didn’t have those so they wouldn’t get the analogy.:)

I like that or just Berry Coconut Blizzard. Or Coconut Berry Blizzard. That’s funny because I was actually going to suggest the Dairy Queen blizzard but was pretty sure New Zealand didn’t have those so they wouldn’t get the analogy.:)
I lived in Kentucky for a year. I pretty much lived on Oreo Blizzards!

Cut my ‘Dirty Snow’ soap. Any suggestions on a name for it please?
View attachment 45658View attachment 45659
Was the black rebatched soap flakes or you set aside batter and mixed with charcoal? How did you get pieces? you never cease to amaze me!

Before I went to work I made a carrot soap! The water portion was half aloe (with a bit of cucumber juice) and the other half was carrot juice-- fiber removed. Added tumeric as well and a little darker ground coffee exfolianting swirl. I mistakenly added FO to the small portion set aside for white swirls forgetting that the FO will discolor brown so I know I will lose that contrast, silly me no idea what I was thinking. o_O

Can't wait to get home and see how they turned out. Heard carrot is marvelous for skin so this is a facial gentle bar. Scented with bamboo coconut from CS which was a soft gentle smell.

Was the black rebatched soap flakes or you set aside batter and mixed with charcoal? How did you get pieces? you never cease to amaze me!

Before I went to work I made a carrot soap! The water portion was half aloe (with a bit of cucumber juice) and the other half was carrot juice-- fiber removed. Added tumeric as well and a little darker ground coffee exfolianting swirl. I mistakenly added FO to the small portion set aside for white swirls forgetting that the FO will discolor brown so I know I will lose that contrast, silly me no idea what I was thinking. o_O

Can't wait to get home and see how they turned out. Heard carrot is marvelous for skin so this is a facial gentle bar. Scented with bamboo coconut from CS which was a soft gentle smell.
I had some charcoal soap offcuts and another soap offcut that was grey with a bit of pink. So I grated them up.
Funny I recently made a carrot and aloe soap too! With cinnamon instead of turmeric.

I havn't done any soapy things lately. I had some pressing transportation issues that took priority over everything. Now we are well into gardening season. As one of our future homesteading things to do. we are going to plant a small patch of wheat.
Back to the soap, we still have over 50 bars from the first 6 batches.

I had some charcoal soap offcuts and another soap offcut that was grey with a bit of pink. So I grated them up.
Funny I recently made a carrot and aloe soap too! With cinnamon instead of turmeric.

OMG yes you did!! you must've influenced my subconscious! I happened to have carrot juice in the fridge that I didn't want to waste and I had prepped a bunch of aloe vera (bought 5 leaves!) with a bit of cucumber in the freezer to make my aloe vera cukes soap! So it all kinda just happened!

What is BRV?

"so maybe I could do Berry and Coconut Blizzard?"

I think it dresses it down to name it after a Snow Queen blizzard. I like the name Frenesí which includes things like frenzy, fury, wildness. The bar has a sophisiticated look in my eyes because of how clean the contrast is.

Today I've just made my first batch of soap, solo! I've made soap before with others but never by myself... I followed a 3-oil plain soap recipe, no fragrance/colour, partly to test the process and partly to make a simple soap, hopefully suitable for sensitive skin...
It seemed to take a while to trace, about 15 minutes (I mixed by hand rather than with a blender), but I think that's probably normal - I mixed the oils and lye at around 125°F, 40% POO, 35% PO, 25% CO 76°, SF 5%, lye solution 33%.
I'm going to leave it in its blankey for 48 hours - can't wait til Monday 13:50 to unmould!
😊🌸

Attachments

• 20200502_123954.jpg
    20200502_123954.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200502_134422.jpg
    20200502_134422.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200502_134506.jpg
    20200502_134506.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 8
Today I've just made my first batch of soap, solo! I've made soap before with others but never by myself... I followed a 3-oil plain soap recipe, no fragrance/colour, partly to test the process and partly to make a simple soap, hopefully suitable for sensitive skin...
It seemed to take a while to trace, about 15 minutes (I mixed by hand rather than with a blender), but I think that's probably normal - I mixed the oils and lye at around 125°F, 40% POO, 35% PO, 25% CO 76°, SF 5%, lye solution 33%.
I'm going to leave it in its blankey for 48 hours - can't wait til Monday 13:50 to unmould!
😊🌸
Congratulations on making soap by yourself. I would recommend you check on it before 48 hrs, it could set faster than you think and become too hard to cut with your oil percentages.

😊🌸
What is POO? And congratulations - and as cmzaha said, check on it in about 24 hours - that seems long enough to me.

Latest posts

Back