What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOSH THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!! Did you write anywhere how you did this pour? It is so pretty!
:nodding::winner:
Thank you so much!! I did a tiger stripe pouring down the side of the mold. I filmed the process, but the video is awful and Soapish did a much better job explaining it so here's her video which includes the exact technique I used (plus a hanger swirl). The pour starts around 6:30.

I ordered some of those fancy long-spouted plastic pouring cups. As soon as they arrive, I shall instantly be a multi-colour expert.
I also used the new slab mould that my son and father built for me last week. BOY it takes a lot of batter to fill up a slab mould, especially if you're used to making "loaves" in 1L milk cartons...

I rebatched all my Daphne and Ylang Ylang soap ( the one that lost all its decent within 5 weeks of making) by making a confetti soap with it. This time I used a Daphne scent from a different supplier and instead of Ylang EO, I used an Ylang FO. The scent is much stronger and I'm hoping for a successful, stronger scented batch now.
IMG_1211.JPG

I just cut what I thought would be a flop because the batter started to accelerate way too quickly for the pour...wow I am so pleased with the result...and the smell...DIVINE!View attachment 40232

Nice job!

I rebatched all my Daphne and Ylang Ylang soap ( the one that lost all its decent within 5 weeks of making) by making a confetti soap with it. This time I used a Daphne scent from a different supplier and instead of Ylang EO, I used an Ylang FO. The scent is much stronger and I'm hoping for a successful, stronger scented batch now.
View attachment 40257

I’m still sad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous! What's the scent?

Mango coconut FO by WSP....it makes me want to go on vacation..
Or eat my soap
:nodding:

Landscape #4 was 9 hours in the making...

Holy cow!!! Very anxious to see the result!!!!

View attachment 40257

Oh my those little pink swirls on top are so cool!!!! Anxiously awaiting cutting pics.
:hippo:

I’m still sad...

Why?

My night went like this tonight...
1. Go outside to mow
2. It starts to rain so I abandon mower
3. Hubby and son working on car in shop so I decide to....
4. SOAPING TIME
5. Leave phone in house and go soap in garage without any real solid plan...just a general idea
6. Pretty pleased with myself until...
7. I realize the top looks EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE I JUST CUT THIS MORNING
8. Feel annoyed but still ok until...
9. Go into my room to find 1 daughter called 3 times from college because her car died downtown...we are 7 hours away.
10. Now I am just stressed...

View attachment 40257

That turned out AMAZING! :dance:

I bought new fragrances including my first 16 ounce bottle of fragrance for laundry soap, Husband wants it in bulk. I also bought a new Stainless Steel work Table. Should be here on the 18th

That turned out AMAZING! :dance:

I bought new fragrances including my first 16 ounce bottle of fragrance for laundry soap, Husband wants it in bulk. I also bought a new Stainless Steel work Table. Should be here on the 18th

What fragrances did you get?

Today I cut my next attempt at a wall pour, hoping to have liquid enough batter to follow thru till the end. I am happy to say it came out SPLENDID! I went simple on colors to eliminate having to switch between too many containers--black and white. AND I tried my hand at mixing scents. I did .8 oz of orange 10x EO, .5 of rosemary EO and .7 of lavender 40/42 EO. OH MY GOSH!! That is the most amazing scent ever!! I am so pleased. I almost stalled out, though, when I remembered that the orange will discolor...I did go ahead with the pour. Even though it is OFF white and OFF black, I am very happy with how it turned out.
:videovisit:

Latest posts

Back