What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some pumpkin pie spice soap scrubs. Checked my swirl soap from the other day, but it's still WAY too soft to unmold. Sigh. I so want to see if the swirl worked!!

Made some pumpkin pie spice soap scrubs. Checked my swirl soap from the other day, but it's still WAY too soft to unmold. Sigh. I so want to see if the swirl worked!!

I hate waiting! If waiting were a person, I'd punch it in the face ;)

Today I diluted what was left of my LS paste. It wasn't as "strong" as I intended, so I'm going to be using it in my foaming pump jars as hand soap.

I'm labeling soaps this morning and after church I hope to take some photos. Then maybe I'll have enough time to measure oils for my next batch.

Cracked a couple beer last night for a batch of beer soap. (This beer smells like grapefruit!! Hubby who isn't a beer drinker, bought a six pack of these crafted IPA's - because he thought he might like an IPA - and it tastes horredous. All is not lost, I can soap them...)

But really... I'm just waiting for the UPS dude to deliver my order.

Ever so patiently of course.

Did my very first Coconut Milk last night, and cut it this morning...they still rough and need to be cleaned up but they turned out soooo good..Im hooked now on CM soap :) I can't wait to try them out :D

The blue and pink are much more vivid now than it was this morning at cutting time..{you can see the darker color as it dries of the blue in this pic..its now that darker blue, and then more vivid pink as well}

These are 100% CM and then added some kaolin clay and scented with 'Rain Water'

Did my very first Coconut Milk last night, and cut it this morning...they still rough and need to be cleaned up but they turned out soooo good..Im hooked now on CM soap :) I can't wait to try them out :D

The blue and pink are much more vivid now than it was this morning at cutting time..{you can see the darker color as it dries of the blue in this pic..its now that darker blue, and then more vivid pink as well}

These are 100% CM and then added some kaolin clay and scented with 'Rain Water'

Jani, Beautiful soap! Also gutsy. I'd never attempt to cut in less than 24 hours. Do you discount your water?

Started laying out recipes for some batches this weekend. Infusing some coffee beans, playing with EO's to find some new combo's (working on a ocean/beach scent), ran through a supply inventory.

Completed my travel plans for attendance at the ED Soaping Retreat 11/21-11/23. Seems like it is going to be an intense workshop, but I'm thrilled to meet Catherine McGinnis and Dr. Kevin Dunn. Now I have to pull out my copy of Scientific Soaping and review my notes.

Today I am soaping.

Off to replenish my olive oil, my mother picked up coconut oil for me so I'm well well stocked with that. But I need some olive oil. My order came in now just waiting for packaging from a different supplier so that I can do body butter and lotion bars.

But today is soap! And lots of new cool scents to play with!!

Might try cp cupcake soap. We'll see where the land of creativity takes me.

Poured another pound of the M&P my daughter chose to bring to school for her birthday treats! (Mom, we have some kids with food allergies in my class. Do you think it would be better if I could bring soaps for them instead of cookies?)

Planning my next batch of soap. This one with anise, as requested by a friend. Hopefully this one will not be so soft haha! (I think I'll use a recipe that I already had success with, but I made it with goat's milk. I want to see what it does without the milk too.)

Plotting my next four batches (my brain is always at least three or four batches ahead of my soaping time, since I spend so much of that time reading stuff on the internet!!)

Jani, Beautiful soap! Also gutsy. I'd never attempt to cut in less than 24 hours. Do you discount your water?

Nope, no discount..just used pure canned coconut milk in place of the full water amount. Froze it, and sat it on a ice bath while adding my lye...{it actually only turned a very light tan color with the lye..not the darker color I got with cows milk}then after pouring, put it to bed overnight in the fridge.

Also, there is a 'bit' of TD, but its a very weak mixture {water mix, not oil} and added prolly about 1/4 tsp..and 1/4 tsp of kaolin clay.

Im really excited about this CM soap..I am biting my knuckles waiting to try it out LOL

Last edited:
been so overwhelmed with custom orders lately, that i am sooo behind in producing regular soaps. my webstore hasn't been updated in months, same with instagram.

So busy trying to complete my soaps for Christmas... ...

This evening I made:

- Tee Tree Oil & Lemongrass Soap
- Lavender & Jasmine Soap
- Ruby Grapefruit Soap

only three more soaps to go -- but that's for tomorrow! :)

Feeling adventurous. Decided I want to try some herbal colorants, so I stopped by the local co-op grocery and picked up the following:

spirolena, schisandra, goldenseal powder, chlorella powder, black walnut powder, wheatgrass, nettle leaf, sandelion leaf, dried billberry

Does anyone have any experience, advice for how to use any of these? Seriously, I have no experience with any of them

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back