What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's snowing like a beast here right now so going to pack it up at work and head home, might make a couple batches of soap since I'll be home earlier than usual. Also need to stop by the grocery store....should have gone yesterday.

you must be getting the snow we got yesterday. happy soaping!!!

Cut my honey-beeswax soap. This is probably my first soap that turned out mostly as expected. No fancy colors, but it feels really smooth, maybe because of the wax, and I just love the smell. The FO I used was supposed to discolor, but it is hardly visible (maybe because I mixed it with an EO so lesser percentage?). If it cures well maybe this will be my favorite soap to make :)
And now have to stop with soap making for a while. Waay too much soap for myself.

View attachment 35597

love it--I need to get the wax out of the beehives soon so I can make some type of soap with this in it--I did have some bubble wrap set up from work that they said I could have but of course too much of hurry to leave and I forgot it and someone tossed or used it but I will get more. I made an all natural honey oat soap (no scents or colors-just honey and oats) and I cant wait to try it. its a very nice color

That’s cool! It looks like tiger stripes. You could do orange and black ;-)

Iv not got a black mica only black addative iv got is activated charcoal. Not sure how i would turn that into a stripe? last time i added it to the other 50% of my water can you add it to oils instead? I was thinking of the blue and maybe purple and the orange or white

The Australians have very kindly sent us their heatwave. we are due for a high of 33 today! I’ll be visiting my sister’s pool after I’ve cut my swirled soap.

sure Kiwi rub it in--that is just soooo wrong hahaha. wait a minute...……………..33 degree Fahrenheit or Celsius???? was is 33 Celsius versus fahrenheit? I was out and did a little shoveling today and its not too bad out there plus the sun is shining which I am super happy about.

Iv not got a black mica only black addative iv got is activated charcoal. Not sure how i would turn that into a stripe? last time i added it to the other 50% of my water can you add it to oils instead? I was thinking of the blue and maybe purple and the orange or white
Yes, put the powder into the bottom of a jug and pour your soap batter on top. Mix through with stick blender. 1tsp ppo. If you put the powder on top stir it through before stick blending because you don’t want to breathe the dust.

sure Kiwi rub it in--that is just soooo wrong hahaha. wait a minute...……………..33 degree Fahrenheit or Celsius???? was is 33 Celsius versus fahrenheit? I was out and did a little shoveling today and its not too bad out there plus the sun is shining which I am super happy about.
91.4f

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a shampoo bar this weekend. This one doesn't have horse tail butter in it. I tried it last night and it worked quite well, I'm happy with it. Curious to see what the hubby thinks of it.

I am not feeling an urgency to make soap, so it might be one batch a week for awhile. I didn't get my challenge soap made in time for the challenge, but I'm still going to make it. Maybe this week, maybe next. We'll see. I would like to get a batch of DB on the cure rack before the next brewery order comes in.

Yes, put the powder into the bottom of a jug and pour your soap batter on top. Mix through with stick blender. 1tsp ppo. If you put the powder on top stir it through before stick blending because you don’t want to breathe the dust.

I dont like using stick blender after iv mixed in the main bowl i only use a whisk once its in the jugs to mix fo and colour. Do you think whisk would be enough?

Its called giving them a good old fondle!

Just cut my latest soap i miscalculated the batch size so it got rather full and when i put the card on top of the mould it stuck to the top of the bar so i had to perform a delicate operation to free it from the evils of stickyness or maybe i just sliced the top off so i lost the swirls i did on top of most of it but soooooo pleased with the end result gunna try this technique with a more bold colour like the blue iv got with the white and maybe a 3rd colour.
Looks great...like a tigers stripe!!

Looks great...like a tigers stripe!!

Thanks totally not how i expected it to turn out especially after the delicate surgery it needed to release the card from the soap. Really pleased how it turned out. Its cola cube scent if you have those over yonder?

My cats want to go outside despite it chucking it down so im going to go weigh out 3 batches of oils and lye while they get wet and misrible and make it either tonight or tomorrow iv been busy most the day so reckon ill just weigh and go bed as im tired but its not even 10pm yet so might make them tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Great minds think alike.. Was gonna say the same thing

but i dont have black mice so that will have to wait for now until i get round to using activated charcoal again. i was think black and white with that and kaolin clay but i will do that in black and orange at some point tryong to decide on colours for tonights am edging towards blue and white and maybe a pink!?

but i dont have black mice so that will have to wait for now until i get round to using activated charcoal again. i was think black and white with that and kaolin clay but i will do that in black and orange at some point tryong to decide on colours for tonights am edging towards blue and white and maybe a pink!?
Lol - I would hope you don't have any mice! No matter what the colour. :D

Lol - I would hope you don't have any mice! No matter what the colour. :D

shhhhhh i called dawni out before for making a mistake that small. I have a blackbird killer and a mouse killer living with me so defo no mice.

Just made my tweeked recipe. Not sure what happened but it accelerated i took it to a medium trace put it into 3 jugs added the fo and colour and before i even started stirring it was thicker it shouldnt be the fo iv used it twice with no acceleration noticed and that was to the same level of trace as i did it this time. i ended up doing just best i could and did 3 layers. ill make another post about it in morning once iv had a little think and look into the recipe see if i can figure out why it did this. Im thinking the higher % than usual of solid oils and butters tht i used is probably the culpret. i wasnt planning a fancy swirl so was happy with it being at medium trace guess i better think more into these things before i do them. Oh well hopefully ill hav got the air and gaps out and will get 3 rough layers

Latest posts

Back