What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im more hungry now. I saw it again and it looks like gravy over biscuits with chips of beef/bacon and cheese on top > :shock:

Now I want some scrambled eggs and beef bacon with some real southern-style biscuits (not Pillsbury). :cry: Good biscuits are so hard to come buy... at a decent price.

Getting back to soapy things, I'm thinking of making another HP soap.

Last edited:
which soap challenge?!?

I cut my soap...planning my next soap.... I have corn silk, and will be adding it to my next soap. not sure what else to add. maybe pumpkin?

which soap challenge?!?

I cut my soap...planning my next soap.... I have corn silk, and will be adding it to my next soap. not sure what else to add. maybe pumpkin?

Great Cakes Soap Works, this month is a petal design

It looks gorgeous but fresh peel on top can become moldy if it does not dry out quick enough.

Thanks cmzaha
I didn't think of that. The orange peel is through the soap as well and it's drying very quickly. I also used dried sweet orange peel on top and that's always worked well. I'll keep an eye on it

It looks gorgeous but fresh peel on top can become moldy if it does not dry out quick enough.

Thanks cmzaha
I didn't think of that. The orange peel is through the soap as well and it's drying very quickly. I also used dried sweet orange peel on top and that's always worked well. I'll keep an eye on it

Tonight, there was no soaping, but I worked on updating our website.

Slowly, it is shaping up to be workable.

I f cut my most recent HP earlier and I am still wondering why the bottom was still soft as opposed to the top of the soap? It just now occurred to me that I should have put the mold in the freezer and see how that would help.

Took my first crack at a shaving soap...for my brother. Used the recipe that is the Martin Dr Candre dupe, adjusting it a bit to add in some shea. Hoping it came out ok and that he likes it!

A first today for me. Taught one of my coworker/friend how to make CP soap. She wanted to make pumpkin soap. I had all except the fragrance so we made pumpkin without scent. Did in THP swirl. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Not feeling well today so sadly, I've done nothing soap related today other than watch a few Youtube videos.:sick:

I am sick too. I tried steaming some ash off some soaps while making tea...way too much trouble. I might measure out the rest of my lye later to see if I even have enough to make some soap but its looking to be a non soaping weekend while I recover.

I did stamp my dragons blood I made last weekend.

Back