What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something like this? This is "Energy", one that everyone smells but no one buys. I commented that I was thinking of changing the name to "Unicorn Poop" and someone suggested using the poop mold for it. ;)

I can't sell Energy at all anymore. I've got a handful that are 3 years old now. Don't even put it out anymore. I'll add them to my donate pile. It was the only scent I purchased from BB. It sold great at first. Couldn't keep in stock. My customers like other scents better. Those colors would work good for Unicorn Poop.

I sold ONE Energy soap Saturday. It isn't my fav scent but figured someone would like it.

Sat FM went well, every week I am up about $20 from the week before. And the Fm manager keeps asking if I am ok and that it will pick up. He is afraid I will leave ♥
I also had 2, yes 2 repeat customers. One repeat bought for a friend and her mother. One came by and said she is still using and liked my soap.

I have a friend making a mold for me so just waiting on that before I do another marathon soaping.

Well, I'm glad to know I am not the only one who does not like 'Energy'. I soaped with it almost 2 years ago and just could not abide the fragrance. it gave me a horrible headache. It sure lasted a long time and I thought it would never fade. At almost 2 years it begins to be tolerable, so it has begun to fade, but it is definitely not one I will ever purchase in a soap at a FM or store.

Well, I'm glad to know I am not the only one who does not like 'Energy'. I soaped with it almost 2 years ago and just could not abide the fragrance. it gave me a horrible headache. It sure lasted a long time and I thought it would never fade. At almost 2 years it begins to be tolerable, so it has begun to fade, but it is definitely not one I will ever purchase in a soap at a FM or store.

It is quite strong and I don't use it at anywhere near the recommended limits. I'm thinking it might be better to grate and use in a confetti soap. That would really tone down the strength and could look really good, too.

Here's the description from Brambleberry:
Energy Fragrance Oil: A stimulating blend of Citrus, including Grapefruit, Lemon and Lime, with hints of fresh Cucumber and Jasmine, and a touch of Pineapple, Blackberry and Champagne. Energy is an exciting mix that's perfect for spring and summer.

Cut my farmer's market soap. I added way too much liquid when mixing my red oxide, so glycerin rivers formed in the partial gel - the one time I have NOT wanted my soap to gel. I had left it uncovered because I knew that the 1% stearic acid recipe likes to gel when covered, but I probably should have stuck it in the fridge. I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I decided, just before I poured it, that I didn't want to make straight layers between the red and black, so I let it glop when I poured the red. I thought I would have more of a drop swirl affect than a wavy layer, but my batter was probably too thick. I still like it, it formed a nice glycerine line where the two colors meet. I love the fragrance too, the dirt FO isn't overpowering and the tomato vine FO is a lovely green smell.

I didn't work on my banner because hubby asked me to help haul landscaping bricks around the yard, so I needed to sit in the cooler-than-outside house and watch TWD, hee hee. I did do some calculations for making my mythical creature challenge soap and got started on that. It's an embed soap with a bunch of different pieces, my first time using m&p inside of a cp soap. Picked out the fragrance and then changed my mind six times. This soap will be for my daughter, so finally settled on BCN's Rootbeer FO. It says it has no vanillan so hopefully the FO doesn't discolor yellow or anything else weird.
Let me know how the tomato vine fo goes over for you. I have approx 12oz of WSP tomato going to waste, I really liked my tomato with dirt but I was about the only one that liked it :( I really like dirt mixed with a woodsy fragrance such as Big Sur or Walk in the Woods, which does go over well in the winter

Energy Fragrance Oil: A stimulating blend of Citrus, including Grapefruit, Lemon and Lime, with hints of fresh Cucumber and Jasmine, and a touch of Pineapple, Blackberry and Champagne. Energy is an exciting mix that's perfect for spring and summer.
I have never figured out why Energy does not sell for me. I think it is a lovely fragrance and so easy to work with

Last edited by a moderator:

If you put it that way it doesnt look like a bad smell! Is it too harsh maybe? Like it sticks up your nose?

Now you all got me wondering how that smells like!

According to the Voyageur website: "Our Energy fragrance oil is a stimulating blend of citrus, including grapefruit, lemon and lime, with hints of fresh cucumber and jasmine, and a touch of pineapple, blackberry and champagne. Energy is an exciting mix that's perfect for sprint and summer."

One of the girls I work with said it smells like fruity sour candy.

I smell more of the jasmine and maybe champagne, but I don't like Champagne to begin with. It's OK, just nothing I would buy in a soap. But there are a lot that I don't like that others love.
I would love a Dirt soap, even a fireplace one. I just bought fireplace FO but it needs a tone down a bit. So an Autumn Woods scent is not my fave so I tried a simple mix of the 2 and it works better I think.

Some times you just have to see what people like and it isn't all about what you like. :)

I did no soaping today

They must be getting it from the same supplier. Those descriptions are identical!

I am concentrating on soaping heavy this week. My daughter is flying in from college at Berkeley next weekend! Im so excited! So I know there won't be to much soapy stuff for the month she is home. (unless I can get her into it too ;))

I've been printing labels with my new paper and labeling soap. It's fun to see the finished product. I really like the printed labels; so much nicer looking than my hand-written ones were. And I used to think they were pretty nice, too, and I do miss the ribbons and bows. But I'll probably bring those back at some point (the ribbons & bows).

Latest posts

Back