What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished. Well my FO accelerated like crazy, but I think I manage. We shall see.

I also made yesterday some Easter soap to decorate the guest bathroom.

And ... in 15 minutes will be my birthday .... not that I want to celebrate them any longer.....

Attachments

• DSCN2303.JPG
    DSCN2303.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 17
Happy birthday!
My boxes came in, so I'll be printing new labels and labeling boxes ....next week I'll be swapping out the old for the new. Not looking forward to unwrapping that many soaps but oh well LOL

My boxes came in, so I'll be printing new labels and labeling boxes ....next week I'll be swapping out the old for the new. Not looking forward to unwrapping that many soaps but oh well LOL

Have a Sale with the old wrappers ?

OR, just slip the old into the new box.... depending on how they were wrapped

I am in the middle of making a 5# CP batch to split between 2 scents.

Just sitting here waiting for the **** oils and lye to cool off. Lye is outside (where I always mix it) and oils here next to me..... oh the pain of waiting... ;)

Lin19687, unfortunatly they are shrink wrapped. Fortunatly, the perforations make it not so bad LOL.
waiting is no fun...............

Note to self, Soap cooler, only LIGHT trace and just Assume the FO is going to Accelerate ! Old FO's I couldn't find any info on them.

Very thick trace, like HP, but got them into the molds :) Hope they come out well enough (round molds)

NsMar, good thing for Perforations !!

Thinking of getting Micas from Micas & More on their Pre-buy. Anyone else getting any ?

I will cut a log mold this morning. A bit of Volcano but I am ok with that

Thinking of getting Micas from Micas & More on their Pre-buy. Anyone else getting any ?

I will cut a log mold this morning. A bit of Volcano but I am ok with that
I have so many micas from Steph's M&M, it might be a while before I re-order. And then there are the ones from Nuture Soap. So I am pretty well set on micas for quite a long time, unless I run out of my favorites.

For Micas & More, these are my favorites: bodacious blue, silver graphite and cosmic purple. Some of her neons are great for brightly colored soaps, but I've only used them a couple of times. They might be too bright when used in large amounts, even!

Thanks !!
I'm trimming some testers that got big air holes
20180330_105446[1].jpg

edit 30 minutes later... trimmed everything else that I could. Just got carried away !

Last edited:
Well, not today but yesterday night...

We did some confetti soap from old shavings, white soap base with TD and Kaolin clay, and Champagne FO from BB. Now I smell fizzy bubbles everywhere in the house!
Also, we were busy unpacking three different shipments, that came (quite surprisingly) the same day:

We got Bud's log splitter, which we are very excited to use to cut our soap blocks from the slab mold (before we were using a knife, eeech...)

Then a few goodies from WSP, including the lip-balm filling tray, and a small-ball embed mold.

Then a shipment from saveoncitric, that's the first time we buy from them and I am very happy. We got IPM, Cyclomethicone, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, BHT, and tetrasodium EDTA. Plus, Olive Squalane, which I am super-excited-about to make face oils and serums!

Tank you all! I had a great day. My husband and sons took to a really nice restaurant, and my hubby got me a cheesecake birthday cake, Not sure it counts as a birthday cake? But it was delicious!

Here is my endless soap, it turned out better than I expected, but I forgot to add red to that neon red to tame it, so it looks pinkish.

20180331_200618_Burst01.jpg
20180331_200624.jpg

Other than using soap that I brought along on this trip, and carefully protecting my Yellow Submarine Soap during my drive North, I have not done anything soapy since I left Texas on Sunday.

But my DIL has given me 3 video editing lessons before I left Texas, the last one on Sunday morning. We've been working on a video of the making of the Yellow Submarine Soap. Video editing was what my DIL trained for in college and what she did for a living for several years. She worked at Univision for a while, as well as working on a televised show for a doctor who has a weekly television program, but with their recent move, and some issues with my granddaughter, she made a decision to put her focus on her daughter and limit working at jobs that will not I here are with the time she needs to devote to her daughter for the foreseeable future. This is a good thing for granddaughter, but DIL really misses her work. So working on this video together really seemed to make her feel good as well as helping me begin to learn a new skill.

Yesterday I made 3 out of 4 Sandalwood FO test batches. (I only did 3 because I only have 3 small molds, lol) Not sure what is wrong with the Crafters Choice Sandalwood - I made all three batches at once, only separating the batter to add color and the fragrance. Each batch is a different color so I can keep track of it after the cure. The CC batch did not setup, it is still mushy, albeit firm enough to get out of the mold it is much too soft to cut. I turned the dehumidifier on high and left it sitting out with a fan on it hoping the airflow would help it dry out. It's just so confusing! It gelled and everything, just like the other two - which cut brilliantly - just so... mushy. Sigh. @cmzaha I will send you my notes regarding the Sandalwood FO's in a few days :)

Yesterday I had to place a second order with WSP - I brilliantly screwed up my last order and only got lip balm tubes without caps! I knew that was an option but thought I had been careful about the order, but apparently not. All order confirmations and pricing clearly reflect that I only ordered tubes. My daughter was very disappointed, she was so looking forward to making lip balms over our long weekend.

I'll be doing the other sandalwood today, now that the mold is free, and two small batches of men's fragrances to use up some FO. I also hope to do a batch of vanilla mint, and what I call "Lime in the Coconut" today as well. The fragrance of the latter is a combination of Crafter's Choice Margarita Lime and Island Nectar FO's.

I am putting in an order today. I am completely out of Peacock Blue, which is my favorite blue. I've been tweaking my order for 2 days, torn between restocking colors that I use often and getting something new. My current cart is probably the best balance of both without breaking the bank.

Back