What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday my husband installed some shelving above the washer and dryer in our laundry room - the perfect location for storage tubs filled with empty product containers. 😍
View attachment 75051
Nice tub of marshmallows you have there, fooood 😋.
Those are great shelving units. I immediately thought they were marshmallows too. Or big cotton balls. Nice to have the space for organizing.

I used the 100% coconut oil. It pulled out 95% of my husband's head grease from his pillowcase as well!
Hi, I just made 100% coconut oil soap, 0% superfat stain sticks. Sorry to be so dense, but how do I use these? Dry rub, or wet rub? How long to leave in before washing ? Looking forward to clean husband’s pillowcases :)

Sorry to be so dense, but how do I use these?
Good question! Not dense at all. 😁 Simply wet the stick and the stain and rub in circular motion until lather appears. Peel paper label back or slide stick as needed. Applying stain stick ASAP will increase the effectiveness to remove stain. Then wash as usual. :thumbs:

Hi, I just made 100% coconut oil soap, 0% superfat stain sticks. Sorry to be so dense, but how do I use these? Dry rub, or wet rub? How long to leave in before washing ? Looking forward to clean husband’s pillowcases :)
Wet rub. I have a small bowel of water that I dip the stick in, then rub the stained area.

Good question! Not dense at all. 😁 Simply wet the stick and the stain and rub in circular motion until lather appears. Peel paper label back or slide stick as needed. Applying stain stick ASAP will increase the effectiveness to remove stain. Then wash as usual. :thumbs:
This stain stick took out a long ago washed and dried stain from my test shirt! I did not resign it to the rag bin, because it was such a pretty T-shirt. Now it is back in the rotation again!

@Jersey Girl Everything you do is beautiful. That packaging looks great. I think it was smart to make the soaps not overly Christmas-y. That way they won be out of place during the rest of the year whenever the buyer/recipient uses them.

@ScentimentallyYours I love that dragon stamp! Super pretty soap. Did you add red to the portion with the discoloring FO? It is really lovely.

@Jersey Girl Everything you do is beautiful. That packaging looks great. I think it was smart to make the soaps not overly Christmas-y. That way they won be out of place during the rest of the year whenever the buyer/recipient uses them.

@ScentimentallyYours I love that dragon stamp! Super pretty soap. Did you add red to the portion with the discoloring FO? It is really lovely.
Thank you @dibbles That is very kind of you to say especially coming from someone who makes the gorgeous soaps you do! ♥️

Watermelon patch soap. I am loving the neon colors.

Attachments

• 72029091405__57AD4FF3-5F69-4CB9-9487-56E637B367EE.fullsizerender.jpeg
    72029091405__57AD4FF3-5F69-4CB9-9487-56E637B367EE.fullsizerender.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2539.jpeg
    IMG_2539.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
@Jersey Girl the pictures are nice!
at Christmas shows, sets of two soaps have sold better for me than sets of three (in case you want to split some). Probably because they are cheaper.
Thank you! And thanks for the feedback. I did buy 2 compartment boxes and I put a soap, lotion bar and lip balm in those! I think those will be a good seller. I need to add a two soap option too. And by the way…I bought these boxes from Papermart and let me tell you…when they were delivered I almost had a panic attack. They come in three pieces and while the window part and the divider part isn’t hard to figure out, the box itself was soooo intimidating and they came with no directions. 8 million folds. Lol. Luckily I found a YouTube video that helped me figure it out and now I can put them together in less than a minute. 😬

Attachments

• PhotoRoom_20231025_145826.jpeg
    PhotoRoom_20231025_145826.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 0
@AliensrReal - I love your watermelon soap. What is the red you used? I went too pink, again - ugh! I am super happy with my seeds from soap dough using my new extruder. They are better than my last attempts. I haven’t cleaned up the edges or taken a good pic, but here’s mine made last weekend. Scent is BB Watermelon Sugar.
IMG_1175.jpeg

I also made a dozen cupcakes scented with NS Smell the Rainbow.
IMG_1176.jpeg

Last edited:
@AliensrReal - I love your watermelon soap. What is the red you used? I went to pink, again - ugh! I am super happy with my seeds from soap dough using my new extruder. They are better than my last attempts. I haven’t cleaned up the edges or taken a good pic, but here’s mine made last weekend. Scent is BB Watermelon Sugar.
View attachment 75081

I also made a dozen cupcakes scented with NS Smell the Rainbow.
View attachment 75082
I actually like the pink. I usually use lighter colors in my soaps. I don’t want to take the chance of staining washcloths or having brightly colored lather. They look great.

@dmcgee5034 99% of my soaps are neon colors. I used Nurture Soap neon red.

I love your watermelon soap! I love the rind. I used two separate greens but they were so close in color that they almost look the same. How do you do the frosting on the cupcakes? When I tried a long time ago they looked like doggie poo.
I used 3 greens on the rind - all BB. Evergreen, Kermit Green and Dark Green (which is not dark, btw) to get some better contrasts than my last versions.

For the frosting, I let my batter thicken up before piping it. I use a large piping tip and 16” piping bag. I also put the cupcakes in the freezer so they don’t heat up and melt the frosting. Get a can of frosting to practice with, once you can pipe with real frosting, soap batter isn’t as intimidating. Here’s a link showing what I do to fill the piping bag, I put in all 3 colors in the plastic wrap to make the frosting swirly.

Latest posts

Back