What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came up from my soap shop. Since my inventory guy got on the ball, I put away oils, butters, mold, and colorants.
I also master-batched -- just a triple recipe. It's probably small potatoes for some of you but the scale was huge for this hobbyist -- 6.5 pounds of oils! I wanted to actually soap but the warm weather outside pulled me into gardening projects.
Soaping is coping -- it felt good to keep my hands busy and my mind off this stressful week, caring for the isolated Mrs. Zing, trying/failing to keep up with my job, and keep up with the housekeeping. I know I might be on thin ice here given this is a majority woman forum -- but how in the heck does Mrs. Zing keep the house so clean??!! I've been treading water this week. I know I shouldn't call my soap 'moisturizing' but I've been washing my hands constantly given Mrs. Zing's status but my hands feel great. Fortunately, she's turned a corner and is on the mend!
Glad to read Mrs. Zing is on a mend. You can call your soap moisturizing if you like, following the rules all the time isn't fun, sounds like your soap is a moisturizing winner 😂👍🏼🧼.

I LOVE your swirl, Kim. So gorgeous. I am looking forward to how it evolves with discoloration over time, although I don't recall if you said you used a VS or not...
Thank you @earlene I did not use a VS. I know it's only been a day since I cut it, but it shows no signs of discoloring further than it has, although it might! Hopefully the TD did it's job and kept the brown down to a nice creamy vanilla. But who knows. I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst lol.

edit: and the ones from overflow that did not cpop in little cavity molds were orange, and appeared to want to stay that way as well lol

👍🏻👍🏻Headed to Netflix now 2check out “The Witcher” 💗the color of that loaf & am imagining the scent! ✨🧼
I'm sooooo jealous! 🙃

Streaming subscriptions are just too expensive to me when I already have Dtv and a dvd Netflix plan. Oh but I LOVE Henry Cavill and I read all the books in the series. I wish they would just release it on dvd already. 😞 I think they never will...

Um, still looking for the "fail." Darn the luck that since you posted it here, you can't enter the challenge! Wow wow wow wow wow! Those colors are gorgeous and the swirl sublime. What are your colorants? Really stunning.

Td and discoloring fragrance for the cream color, discoloring Fo all by it self for the brown, and TD alone with no fragrance for the white. It might morph over time as @earlene said earlier, but keeping my fingers crossed

Might there be ahead delicious chocolate, and luxurious cocoa butter enriched soap!

It took just over three hours to get the cocoa butter nice and tempered and ready for the cast:
cocoa_butter_mould.jpg

Solidification worked like a breeze! All contracted just fine, and popped out of the silicone by themselves. Soft and silky surfaces without the least trace of fat bloom.
cocoa_butter_unmoulded.jpg

And yes, I might indeed be a bit susceptible for gamification-type moulds. 😇

I'm sooooo jealous! 🙃

Streaming subscriptions are just too expensive to me when I already have Dtv and a dvd Netflix plan. Oh but I LOVE Henry Cavill and I read all the books in the series. I wish they would just release it on dvd already. 😞 I think they never will...
Your post makes me appreciate my Netflix subscription. I don’t watch it all that much but my teenagers sure do. Why does it take soooo long for shows to show up on 📀 these days? I love a good book 📕 2read so, thank you for sharing that tidbit! Had no clue 😁📚💜

Your post makes me appreciate my Netflix subscription. I don’t watch it all that much but my teenagers sure do. Why does it take soooo long for shows to show up on 📀 these days? I love a good book 📕 2read so, thank you for sharing that tidbit! Had no clue 😁📚💜
Well, I will say I don't love the books. I loved the Geralt parts, but I didn't like the main female characters that took up a ton of the book. I found a lot of the books seemed to be irrelevant stalling to make the book longer. Now the short story collections were a different story (pun intended). I can recommend them. They were a lot more fun since they were actually about Geralt!

I cut the soap in my slab mold and love the results. The soap in the mold was 2”, so I cut it in half on the horizontal. The colored batter didn’t make it all the way through the white batter, so it looks as though I made 2 separate batches. I really like both looks. I will probably play around with this technique a bit more and try to get the color all the way through.
1633893878675.jpeg1633893904130.jpeg

Cut my Kawakawa and Aloe soap. I’m very happy with this batch. It looks a lot nicer than the previous batch I made. I used a tiger strip pour technique. I infused OO with the Kawakawa and then blitzed the bejeezus out of it, thus reducing the dried Kawakawa to fine wee specks which you can see in the soap.
BBA5FC1F-2105-4573-A720-C9DAB3D6ECE8.jpeg
C9C56587-314A-4ECB-B4AE-9645C85D2662.jpeg
Kawakawa is a native plant used in ‘Rongoaa’ which is the traditional healing system of the Maori. It is highly prized for its medicinal qualities.

Last edited:
That's a bit “drunk” tiger strip (bumps moving around in the stripes), but it fits so well to the top swirls! Some tiger strip swirls tend to look a bit, well, boring, but this extra wobbles add some extra appeal to them. 🤩

That's a bit “drunk” tiger strip (bumps moving around in the stripes), but it fits so well to the top swirls! Some tiger strip swirls tend to look a bit, well, boring, but this extra wobbles add some extra appeal to them. 🤩
Yes - I think they are reminiscent of wee sperm swimming up to meet their fate. But I won't be telling my punters that! 🙃

That two perspective distortion transformations probably were much less effort for me, than making all these yummy soap sundaes was for you. 😉

What is it, actually? CP carved at very thick trace? Or some kind of whipped or cream soap? M&P? Soap dough?

And all the best for your mom! Party hard! 🥰🎻🍨
It’s whipped soap same thing I used to make beer foam - it’s pretty easy to make. And thank you! She’s doing ok for her age.
BB0E4160-73D6-45C3-8825-273C6D6E82BB.jpeg

Cut my Kawakawa and Aloe soap. I’m very happy with this batch. It looks a lot nicer than the previous batch I made. I used a tiger strip pour technique. I infused OO with the Kawakawa and then blitzed the bejeezus out of it, thus reducing the dried Kawakawa to fine wee specks which you can see in the soap.
View attachment 61622
View attachment 61623
Kawakawa is a native plant used in ‘Rongoaa’ which is the traditional healing system of the Maori. It is highly prized for its medicinal qualities.
Excellent work there, as always. Love the botanical/plantesque look. Interesting that you jumped to, um, sperm fate....
Made party favors for my mom’s 97th birthday party - she LOVES ice cream. I will put these in cello bags so people know they are not edible!
View attachment 61624View attachment 61625
Wait, what?! That's soap? How the heck didja do that?!

I had hands down the soapiest day ever and am feeling, what's the word...chuffed?:cool: First session, I made snow and a moon for a landscape design involving a mini-column mold and single cavity molds. So. Much. Math. My head hurts🤯. Trying to tamp down anxiety. I'm going for a light yellow moon and Bramble Berry buttercup initially is very orange -- @The_Emerald_Chicken, Ima holding you to your promise that it will morph back to yellow!

Second session, I used my new tall 'n' skinny mold for the first time for a Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh soap using a... wait for it...alternating wall pour.

Latest posts

Back