What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure yours are going to be as beautiful as all of your soaps are šŸ˜

I just did another one. I am not impressed with my color selection LOL.
So for that one up there ^ you put the white on the bottom, then the black, then purple?
I've done bronze on the bottom, then the white ( or uncoloured which is actually creamy coloured) then teal on the top. I'm not sure that I spoon swirled enough, but we shall see.

It's been weeks since I've made any soap and it feels so weird. We had family come for a visit for a few days, then I got a sinus infection, and I've been busy doing yard work (trying to fix some bare patches with seeding). I've got a new batch of FOs coming tomorrow from WSP and this weekend I should be back to soaping. I've got an idea to make gift boxes that will include a bar of soap, two fizzy bath truffles, a jar of bath salt with dried botanicals, and a bath loofah thing (you know the pad that has a strap on the back and you use it in place of a washcloth). I'm going to have two scents available for those and I'm going to use Eucalyptus Tea and Lavender Woods & Honey.

Is the Moonlit Path a BBW dupe? I seem to remember that fragrance a long time ago! Iā€™m gonna need to check that out! šŸ™„šŸ˜œ
Moonlit Path Fragrance Oil It doesn't outright claim to be to the BBW brand. OOB it smells similar but has some chemical notes to it. Hopefully this weekend I will get to make a few small batches of OPW and will test this and the Sage & Citrus in those batches. Sometimes I find the chemical notes in NG that are OOB don't come through in the soap. I'm hoping that's the case for this one.

Just a boot for the time being. I go back in 2 weeks to make sure it's healing correctly. I'm hoping we'll stay with the boot - showering has been enough of a pain trying to keep weight off one foot! Thanks for the wishes. Hopefully my husband has successfully learned how to properly load my car now so that when I open the back hatch, the hand cart does not fall onto my foot.

ETA: Oh! I did do one soapy thing over my lunch break! I unpacked my NG order. I ordered a few samples (mistakenly thought they part of a $2 sample sale, but I was too lazy to cancel my order and reorder), a couple of scents that sell well and I was out of (Cucumber Splash, TPM, and Japanese Cherry Blossom) and two new FO's: Moonlit Path, and Sage & Citrus. I'm really liking the Sage & Citrus, so I may swap that for my OPW.
Glad your feeling better. I know how painful a foot problem can be' I had bunion surgery' the worst pain ever' mainly due to the blood rushing to foot every time I stood up.
your FO citrus & sage & cherry blossom sounds yummy.

Here is my spoon swirl. I am so happy that @JoyfulSudz posted her soaps and the video. I love the swirl and it was so easy to do with impressive results. I will be making soap like this often.

Little funny story: I forgot to turn off the oven when it cpop'd. It sat for 9 hours in a 170 degree oven. When I realized it when I woke up today I figured it was ruined. But it seems to be fine. It popped out of the mold easily and it cut divinely LOL. I think it is fine. That's the first time I ever did that.

This was the first time I used CC Black Raspberry Vanilla (as opposed to NS which is what I usually use). I woke up and the whole house smelled like wonderful fragrance. I'm like "ooooooo....this brand is a keeper". Yeah no, it's because it's been baking in the oven all night LOL.

I even double dutied the oven process by putting my cast iron skillet in there after I scrubbed it out to dry off, so it probably got even hotter than 170.

I'm pretty sure it gelled well LOL

View attachment 57444
Ooooohhhh your soap is BEAUTIFUL' i'm gonna try this diffidently. :nodding:

Today i'm thinking of how im gonna improve my " Signature Peachy Scented Soap" i've tried a few peachy & nectarine FO'S either they dont last or acerbate acceleration. I don't want to do a HP but may half to.

If anyone knows of a nice Peachy or Nectarine FO that behaves nicely I'd appreciate your input. šŸ‘šŸŒ¾šŸ¤—šŸ§¼

Today I tried a soap-speriment, with hilarious results.
IMG_20210520_191059.jpg

It started, as most such things do, with a great idea! I made a prototype of a new kind of mould I wanted to try to make, and it looked pretty good.

IMG_20210520_173817.jpg

I also remembered some calendula petals, dock root, and nettle powder I had been planning on trying out, so I figured I'd whip up a batch of soap, since it's been a while!
IMG_20210520_184915.jpg

In keeping with the challenge theme I decided to go for a OPW.

IMG_20210520_185905.jpg

But - apparently my new mould did not take kindly to being tilted (cough manhandled cough), and split all down one side... Luckily husband heard my cries for help and came to the rescue with some clamps.

I guess tomorrow will be V2 of the prototype...

View attachment 57449

It started, as most such things do, with a great idea! I made a prototype of a new kind of mould I wanted to try to make, and it looked pretty good.

View attachment 57450

I also remembered some calendula petals, dock root, and nettle powder I had been planning on trying out, so I figured I'd whip up a batch of soap, since it's been a while!
View attachment 57451

View attachment 57452

But - apparently my new mould did not take kindly to being tilted (cough manhandled cough), and split all down one side... Luckily husband heard my cries for help and came to the rescue with some clamps.

Oh no!! Glad hubby was there at the rescue. Pretty mold, though. :)

my new mould did not take kindly to being tilted
Lashing strap across the long side of the mould? Also, it looks like you could ā€œchooseā€ the shape of the wooden base. That's a luxury, since you can put a halved round timber there for easiest slanting and straightening, without any towels and provisional stuff.

View attachment 57449

View attachment 57450

View attachment 57451

View attachment 57452

Tara
Nice your hubby rushed in to help' nothing like a few clamps to to tame that wild beast soap!. you're soap Looks good šŸŒ»šŸ§¼ šŸ™ŒšŸ¼.

Boy, what a busy month I've had. Traveled back east for my FIL's funeral, visited my parents in AZ, interviewed for a few jobs, and then interviewed some more. Getting ready to see my daughter graduate from high school. My 25th Anniversary with my hubby is right around the corner and feeling so proud and delighted with us. 2021 is shaping up to be a wonderful year, personally and professionally. Can't wait to see what happens next...

Today, made big batch of beer soap with my very favorite FO, BB's Autumn Fig Leaf. It's my most popular, best-selling FO. It floors me that it isn't well reviewed on BB's website but I highly recommend it.

Stamped and wrapped a big order and delivered it to my friend, who will be gifting them to her employees. I feel so honored that she thought of my soaps as a "thank you" gift to them for enduring this year+ of craziness. I hate stamping soap. Only did it for this one order to personalize the soap.

Two more orders came in today, so processed that. I'm still so impressed with all that Shopify can do.

Ordered some FO from Oregon Trail Soapers' Supply. I don't have a single complaint of any FO I've ever bought from them and their customer service is excellent.

My testers all agree that my syndet shampoo bar leaves a residue/heaviness in their hair. Rats. I feel confident that I know what's causing it.

Back