what size are your bars and how much do they weigh

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deg195

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a Bud soap cutter. I currently have pretty big bars which average 5.7 to 6 ounces. I charge 5.00 per bar. But, in reality because I hand cut some are 5.0 ounces. I tend to try to cut 1 1/4 but the are so "handcut" that a lot of time they are all over the place. If I got the 1 inch cutter my average bar would prob be at 4.5 ounces. I think it would be fine to continue to charge 5.00 - but that seems to small. I do not have that huge of a client base and the ones I have are friends and would understand. I have actually surveyed and they think one inch is good. I use a shea, oo, co, and sweet almond oil in most of my soaps.
I am just curious about what you guys think and what size bars you do?
Barb

Last edited:
4.5 oz for $5 seems plenty big. In fact, a lot of people charge a lot more than that. Not saying you should - it depends on your market and your ingredients. I like an even smaller bar, myself.

my bars are 2.5x3.5x1.25 and are 4 oz after complete water evaporation (4.5 if i do a water discount)

Back