What other soaps should I experience at least once?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
Just wondering what else I just have to try out for experience?

I have already done:
Castille
Bastille
Tallow (rendered from scractch - spew face)
Salt bars

and several things with expensive oils including avacado, wheatgerm, jojoba, shea and cocoa butters.

Ive made tons of soap with different combination oils but is there any other soaps ie like salt soap that you all think everyone should try at least once?

Milk soap, cream soap, yogurt soap, are all fun.
Soaps made with beer, juice, puree.
A scrubby soap should be tried at least once, like one with oatmeal or seeds.

HP is fun and I like the feel/look of it.

I'll keep thinking!

Yogurt Soap is amazing! I really love it better than GM even!

I would also say HP soap (I love it) and Buttermilk soap (PITA but worth it).

Relle9 said:
Hot Sauce.[/quote said:

I'd try it as a colorant. Engine oil as base. Scent with gunpowder. Ultimate soap for men. Each purchase includes a free combat knife.

But staying on topic here, I have done beer and tea and they're both very nice. When people hear green tea soap they're like ohhh mystical soap from the orient! As for beer, I've only done it with Guinness stout and it comes out really nice. No color additives required; gives a nice caramel brown. It also adds a earthy scent, which I should mention, may not go well with the fragrances you add. I think this is why a lot of online people who sell Guinness soap leave it unscented.

Oh, and oatmeal by itself is good too. I was going to add milk and honey but was afraid it'll shorten shelf life significantly.

Try it- busy! I love love love it!! Yogurt is awesome especially for the face.

It does go yellow if you add it to your oils- if you add it at trace- it goes a little less yellow but after it sits awhile- it turns light tan. It's really pretty.

Stinkydancer said:
Try it- busy! I love love love it!! Yogurt is awesome especially for the face.

It does go yellow if you add it to your oils- if you add it at trace- it goes a little less yellow but after it sits awhile- it turns light tan. It's really pretty.
'

Haha ok I will you convinced me :)

I might do a Berry scented yogurt bar.....mmmmm

I wanna try avocado in soap too - I bet yogurt and avocado would be nice for the face

Nice work people!!!! I'm so glad I made this thread, you have all given me oodles of inspiration and beer soap is next!!!! I'll go make another thread for tips about that lol

Latest posts

Back