What *kind* of soap do you make?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
Do you make "mostly natural" soap using essential oils, herbs, and natural colourants?

Do you make "fun" fragranced & fancy coloured soaps?

Do you make CP soap? M&P? Hot process? RTCP? etc?

I know some people do a little of everything, but just curious if any of you stick to one thing.

:)

it's cp. scented with f/o and mostly micas and oxides since my clients buy first on scent, color and then maybe will check the label. log molds.

anything scented with an essential oil is naturally what color the e/o and the goat milk make it.

but i did go crazy and order some nice embossed molds last week since i poured leftover soap in a sample one i received and i luv it. won't say i would go crazy and completely switch from a log to these but they are nice for something different .

It's CP for me (but will be M&P soon too. Thanks Lindy!!!) I mostly use natural colourants and just a little bit of EO and/or FOs. I have been playing with different liquids lately. Cucumber, carrot juice and yesterday used lavendar water that I made and let sit for quite awile. When I opened it up it smelled AMAZING!!! Hope it stays in the soap. I also added a little Lavender EO and a little bit of Honeysucle EO. I will post pictures after I unmold later today or tomorrow.

I do mostly CP and mostly natural additives (herbs, botanicals, etc). I've just started playing with soap colours and scents since I know there is a place in my soap line-up for them as well. I will have a couple of M&P things for my kids line-up. But they will be just super simple with vinyl embeds in them......I don't really have time to get really good at that since I am so busy with my regular line of soap & Body stuff.....

Cheers
Lindy

PS Jody - most welcome - it was a brain storm but it's ok I've recovered now.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've done them all, but it's now Cp for me all the way. It's been a little over 2 years since my first batch of CP and I'm still passionately in love with it.

I use mainly oxides and micas for colorants, but I also like using carrot juice for orange. I also get a nice green by using avocado and cucumber, but it tends to turn brown over time, so I enhance it with a little Chromium Hydroxide Green to shore it up and make it last.

I'm an FO gal. Although I love essential oils and use them in other things, I just can't bring myself to use them in a wash-off product like soap yet. They are just too dear to me. The only ones I've made exception for in soap so far are lavender and tea tree oil.

IrishLass :)

AshleyR said:
Do you make "mostly natural" soap using essential oils, herbs, and natural colourants?

Do you make "fun" fragranced & fancy coloured soaps?

Do you make CP soap? M&P? Hot process? RTCP? etc?

I know some people do a little of everything, but just curious if any of you stick to one thin

I usually do the crockpot hp way, but today did the cp way, nice to be able to pour instead of scoop, hope it works. I dont like the having to have oils and lye the same temp, but i cooled down lye in ice bath, didnt take too long.

I do RTCP, because that's what works for me.
I use EO's, and Fo's depending on how I feel on the day, and usually the colouring that I use is dependent on what fragrance/essential oil I am using.
Also, a plain bar of uncoloured unscented soap still has masses of appeal to me!! So every now and then I make a batch of plain, but with something yummy in it like shea butter or cocoa butter.

Hi Ashley! I started with MP doing mostly natural colours & additives using either EOs or FOs - I still do some MP now however I am loving making my CP soap. I make either a natural colour/eo batch or an oxide/UM colour with FO batch usually. I am planning on following this theme for now. Haven't tried HP or any other method yet, although I have done a CP whipped soap cold and a RTCP batch so far too.

Tanya :)

All Natural

I make all natural, cold processed soaps. Vegetable and nut oils only (no animal fats) and essential oils. I use natural additives like ground oatmeal, almonds and cosmetic grade clays. One of my main motivations to make soap is to control what comes in contact with my skin and I almost always react to synthetic ingredients.

CP for me, regular and whipped. I don't use any added colorants, what I get is what I get.

I use milks, teas, beer, and/or spring water. I like to add natural things like oatmeal and honey. I make vegan and non vegan. I use FO's and EO's.

I ♥ CP soap!!

I make CP and CPHP. I use both FO's and have fun then I also use EO's and make natural soaps also. I also make veggie soaps and tallow soaps. I dont have a direction yet just like to mix it up and see what I can make.

I've only been soaping for a few months. So far, it's been CP for me (um, not including the rebatching...). I think I like CP for the same reason I liked spinning when I had my own sheepie: I like making stuff from the basic ingredients. So I like making my own herbal infusions for the oil, even though the scent is relatively light that way.

I use EOs, and natural colorants like powdered herbs, spices, charcoal, cocoa powder, pureed vegetables, etc. I love experimenting with these things.

CP & CPOP. Use EO's elsewhere but lots of FO's. I do vegi and AO. I want to try crockpot soap, but right now all of my crockpots are tied up doing the rendering thang. Got to get it all done before time to start the summer garden.

Teresa

Latest posts

Back