what does your soap area/workshop look like?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stryda71

Reaction score
After seeing Deda's setup in the FO post I am wondering what everyones soap making area/workshops/benchs/etc look like as I am building a new house this year (in Melbourne Australia) and I have a laundry designed around soaping but I am wondering if I really have allowed enough room??

Considering I currently store all my soap, beauty, candle & sewing ingredients/components in my office (apprx 10ft x 3ft) - I am a graphic/web designer so I also have a serious computer, four printers, fax machine, servers and filing cabinet in that space and it doubles currently as my library argghhh. I am so excited about having seperate spaces for all these things that I am not sure now if I have enough for the soapaholic in me?

Rachelle

So far I have a kitchen counter and one cabinet shelf for making and pantry shelf for curing and storage. I need more room already. I want to make more soap but I have nowhere to store it so have to use a batch up before I can make more. I have room for about 3 batches at a time so there is time for curing before use.

Alas my soap room is my kitchen. All my tools and ingredients are stored in large bins in the cat room. Fingers crossed if the roomie and I can find the right place for April 1, I'll have a proper soap room in a couple of months.

Alas, my soap room looks exactly like my kitchen....because it IS. I have 2 cabinets for MP molds and my wooden molds are stored above the refrigerator. 2 base cabinets hold my oils and another holds my soaping pots, crock pot, and mitre box. I had crates made that are the same size (width and depth) as my top cabinets and I can store curing soap in them. I stack the crates three high and right now, about 400 bars are curing. I don't mind surrendering my kitchen to my soaping fetish because: (A) It makes my whole house smell wonderful and (B) I don't COOK!

I am just finishing the set-up in my basement kitchen - as you can see from the pictures I haven't moved all my supplies down there yet...

DSCN2535.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

I more supplies down there now than when I took the pictures but I need to move those darned dishes out of the cupboards....can you imagine? Dishes in a kitchen??????!!!!! :shock:

Lindy that is awesome - alas we don't generally have basements in Australia - theres something you probably didn't know!

Redfishgirl - Thanks for the link I have been trolling through that thread with envy and inspiration.

So many ideas so little space..hmmm maybe I need to change my cupboards to floor to ceiling and loose half my bench space???

Rachelle

Rachelle I didn't know that! This is really more of a walk-out which means it's mostly above ground, but because we live on the side of a mountain part of it (50%) is about 1/2 way down....

How come no basements?

Back