what do you carry samples in?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

see

Reaction score
ive been bartering w/ the soaps ive been making but now that i have several different ones, i want to carry around some to show the people i barter w/. Ive just been carrying them in a box or bag and putting them in a cooler (live in south) but they stick together. ive tried wrapping them in paper and wax paper but then i have to unwrap them.

Any body got a neat idea for a divided box or way to divide them so i dont have to unwrap at each visit? i know there are probably expensive divided boxes out there but i want to keep this simple.

Ive really been dig being able to swap services and products. I think not using money really makes me really appreciate the service or item i swap for b/c i know how much goes into making the soap. interesting meeting swappers too. :)

peace

edit: sorry if this in wrong place but i didnt know where to put it.

I've been wrapping my soaps in clear cellophane. You don't have to unwrap them to see them, but it does keep you from smelling them too.. however you can also get really cheap cellophane bags - the sort they sell sweets in, and just leave the tops open and stand them all upright in a box? they won't stick together then.

cool thanks i like that idea. where do you buy them?

I use small glassine bags. Easy to pop out and slide back in. Can even smell them through the bag. I got them from Clear Bags.

I, too, would be interested in some type of carrying case for them. I'd like to start selling to B&B (Bed & Breakfast, non Bath & Body) and it would be great to have something professional to carry them in. I envision some type of brief case with dividers.

bartering is essentially selling - so I'd suggest you package the bars in something that looks fairly professional and protects your soap. shrink wrap, nice paper, etc. you absolutely need to have your ingredients listed properly. and all the other things that go with selling.

keep in mind that the IRS says that any "profit" you make on bartering is taxable - http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/art ... 20,00.html

also keep in mind that you face the same liability as with selling.

deep sigh.

You can get cellophane bags and wrap in local craft shops here in UK, not sure where you would get them in the States but I imagine I'd look on the net.

GardenGirl said:
Aw, C'mon. Think BIG!

Google it. I found a couple places that sell them in smaller lots.

Thanks so much! Sometimes I'm a little dense. I googled "carrying cases" and found exactly what I wanted.

Back