"wet" lotion recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaimeC

Reaction score
So after about 10 minutes of figuring out how to word my subject line without sounding like a massive idiot... I figure Ill just explain what I am looking for. (this also presents a problem for google searching LOL)

I was inflicted with Restless Leg Syndrom when I was pregnant and it never went away after the rugrats were born. It keeps me from sleeping at all, or at best, a restless sleep. My feet being hot or dry tends to trigger it. One of the very few things that give me relief is the feeling of my feet/legs being 'wet'. I find that facial moisterizers offer the most wet feeling without the greasyness, however, I go through a 4-5 oz bottle in a week. Expensive!!!

I tried a few recipes, one with rice bran and aloe, and another with grapeseed and aloe. I tried the grapeseed with the WSP traditional EWax and the rice bran with the soft and silky. (I figure that makes a difference) They are very nice and make my skin feel AMAZING however, that 'wet' feeling dosent last very long.

Anyone that can decipher anything I just said know of a way to get that long lasting just smeared on lotion feeling without the greasyness?

Thanks for bearing with me!
Jaime

have you tried Curel's intesive healing lotion? it is my favorite lotion and it has that wet feeling that you are talking about. it is also much cheaper than face cream.

i a sorry i can offer help in making it yourself but hopefully others will chime in or the Curel might be an option. :)

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, but unfortunately don't have the answer either. Pretty sure mine is worse when I am stressed, and when really bad I get the awful restless legs at night. I use a homemade 'night' moisturiser and may need to put some on in the middle of the night and several times during the day as well. Perhaps a 'cold cream' might be good but suppose it will still have the greasy feel. The only thing for the greasiness might be a fine cotton sock. I try to wear socks as much as possible in the day.
Loretta

Sympathy is the next best thing to a recipe. LOL Its a tough thing to deal with especially because its viewed as being not a real infliction.

Krissy, I'm definatly going to have to try the Curel brand. Thanks for the recommendation!

Loretta, Misery loves company! I also apply it several times a night on particularly dry nights. :( No fun. My doctor told me to wear socks more often. I do not like things covering my feet. LOL It makes them hot, which in turn, makes my legs twitch. I rarely wear shoes, and when I do it is typically flip flops or slip on tennis shoes. Socks? Never LOL I dont even sleep with blankets on my feet. Which drives my husband nuts. (I keep it so cold in the house that he even wears a stocking hat on his head at night Hahaha) Bless him for loving me!

Thanks guys!
Jaime

Latest posts

Back