Well This Hasn't Gone To Plan

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for asking. It came out ok, same as the first one but orangey colour but its losing its scent fast. I mean you can smell it but its definitely not like it was when I first made it. I just used orange essential oil and nothing else. In the UK best I could find was 5x Orange, could find the 10x anywhere.

Last edited:
Thank you for asking. It came out ok, same as the first one but orangey colour but I its losing its scent fast. I mean you can smell it but its definitely not like it was when I first made it. I just used orange essential oil and nothing else. In the UK best I could find was 5x Orange, could find the 10x anywhere.
Yes - I can only get 5 x here too. Orange essential oil does not stick in CP soap at all. Better to find an orange FO if you can, or use litsea cubeba to help it stick. Actually I use orange in almost every batch - to help decelerate that batter if I'm using a floral that can accelerate. It never smells, but does its job of deceleration.

I will give that a go next time I try it :) Actually just about to ask in the recipe section about my next one :)

Actually I use orange in almost every batch - to help decelerate that batter if I'm using a floral that can accelerate. It never smells, but does its job of deceleration.
I never thought of that - thank you for sharing! I find that a blend of 10x orange and Sweet Orange does stick, but now I want to buy some regular orange EO and use it as a decelerator. And of course that means I will have to buy a few other things, you know, to make the shipping worth it. ;)

Latest posts

Back