Well effing eff eff eff. Back to the drawing board.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
Look at this. Will you look at this!
DSC_1681-1.jpg

DSC_1679-1.jpg

Pretty, huh? Well, I thought they were very pretty. These are the test bars for my intended Summer Fun (aka Summer, Naturally) Swap soap. It was going to be "Sunset on the Beach" Salt Bar. I was delighted with how they turned out. And they have a lovely, nutty scent from the carrot and buttermilk combo I used.

And then I tried it in the shower this morning.

The carrot juice, which I've used before many times, behaved differently in a salt bar and gave me yellow lather. Grrr.

The paprika, which I've used before many times, but in a little bit of a lesser amount, was scratchy. Not so scratchy that you'd get mad with a normal soap, but a salt bar, in my considered opinion, should be smooth like a river rock. And this bar ain't. Grrr.

I could probably tweak it, but I've had it. I'm making something else. :evil:

x

the old saying: the road to H... is paved with good intentions! :cry:

seriously, they are very pretty bars!

isn't it amazing that you can do the same thing a dozen times, and just when you get your confidence up and "push the envelope" a bit that something strange happens that almost defies gravity?

don't despair-this is what keeps us humble. :D

i have yet to make a decent saltbar. :roll:

monet

I'm not happy with the appearance of mine either. I broke down and attempted to use one yesterday and it was ok. It just looks like crapola.

The do look awesome surf girl and your swirls in there are amazing! The lather shouldn't stain your skin so that is to the good; how about calling it "Sunset on the GRAINY Beach" Salt Bar....that is supposed to be exfoliating.... :?

Tanya :)

fabulous swirls

i'm very impressed by them.....i'm so sorry they didn't meet your expectations.....another learning experience....

I think they look great too , sorry they are not what you envisioned.

Kitn

Editd for spelln

Yeah, it is a total bummer because I LOVED the way they looked, and I LOVED my previous uncoloured salt bar, and I almost made the whole swap-sized batch today without doing a shower test-drive.

topcat :lol: :lol: Maybe "Sunset Swimmer's Itch" or "Jaundice on the Beach".

I have to agree with the other posts. Great colors, nice swirls. I just bought a slab mold and will be thrilled if my swirls are as pretty as yours!

Jude :)

Watch the effing language! :lol:

Srsly though....I'm really sorry they didn't turn out the way that you wanted them to.

The title of your post cracked me up, I just had to thank you for putting a smile on my face today.

Sorry it didn't work, they look great though.

Stacie

MsBien said:
The title of your post cracked me up, I just had to thank you for putting a smile on my face today.

Ditto.

Bummer though. So sad, but they are lovely!

surf girl said:
Yeah, it is a total bummer because I LOVED the way they looked, and I LOVED my previous uncoloured salt bar, and I almost made the whole swap-sized batch today without doing a shower test-drive.

topcat :lol: :lol: Maybe "Sunset Swimmer's Itch" or "Jaundice on the Beach".

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....just love the ''Jaundice'' one!!!

Tanya :wink:

Back