Wedding Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My beautiful baby girl got married last week in Golden, Colorado. She asked me to make soap as wedding favors for all the guests so I've been really busy the last few months! I decided to stamp them all which came out really good (even though the pics didn't, lol). Her wedding colors were purple, black and silver so I tried to stay in that color combo. Unfortunately I had a couple that misbehaved - one morphed to pink and one morphed to greenish brown. Actually, I had to chuckle over the greenish brown as that was SO unexpected! I also made special bride and groom soap. Hers is Pinot Grigio (her favorite wine) which I scented with BB's Pepperberry and used Pinot Grigio as the lye water. His is Banana Pumpkin Ale (his favorite beer) scented with BB's Pumpkin Spice and used Well's Banana Bread Beer as the lye water.

We got really lucky the weather stayed in the 60's during the day with clear skies but got out of there just in time. 2 days later the high was 19 and snowing. I miss my baby but glad to be back in AZ!

Nicole-Wes 2014.jpg

Wedding Soap 01.jpg

Wedding Soap 02.jpg

Wedding Soap 03.jpg

Thank you everyone for the kind words. :p It was a beautiful day in every way, mainly because it turned out exactly as she wanted. This was the 2nd wedding in our family this year as my oldest son got married in April. My middle son told me he would have gotten married this year too but decided to give us a break, lol. My pocketbook and I couldn't thank him enough! :-D Now I'm anticipating grandchildren....

Oh man, you did luck out on the weather! It's freezing here now, lol. Beautiful, on every front!

Beautiful! I'm glad everything turned out so well! (I love her colors, by the way!)

How did you do the stamping?

I found some wedding stamps in my old rubber stamping supplies and also found some at Joann's. I just lightly dabbed each stamp in a sparkle mica then onto the soap. Luckily I had the stamp with her name on it so that saved me a ton of time from having to use individual letters. It also helped that his name is only 3 letters! The stamping was very time consuming mostly because I was trying to make each batch a bit different from the others so was playing around with designs. The end cuts worked perfectly as the practice dummies. And to top it off, I made about 120 bars that were stamped! :crazy:

Latest posts

Back