Vancouver, BC fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpKit

Certified Ocelot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be a challenge but I'm looking for ideas for what fragrances might be suitable for products meant to represent Vancouver, BC. I'm toying with the idea of making some stuff to donate to a local org for a raffle that represent three of the largest metros in the pacific northwest and I want them to each be unique.

For Portland I'm looking at rose and other floral fragrances, as the city is nicknamed the Rose City.
Seattle will be fragranced with something woodsy and pine-esque. We're the Emerald City after all, so named for our love affair with trees!

But Vancouver eludes me! I'm not Canadian & I've only visited a few times. I've tried asking my boss, who's Canadian but he's eastern Canadian and never been to BC. I can't find a strong city nick name like Seattle and Portland are known for. Vancouver does have their Gastown district and Granville Island they're known for but I can't figure out fragrances based on those. I considered a sweet fragrance like for a Nanaimo bar since Nanaimo is a city in the BC province but I'm not sure if that would be a good reflection of Vancouver. I also thought fruity but I can't find any specific fruit that they are known for in their area. >_<

Any one have any ideas or suggestions?! I would appreciate it!

I used to live an hour out of Vancouver (over 30 years). MrsZ is correct, Vancouver IS a seaport and is situated next to the mountains. It's part of a coastal rain forest as is the PNW. I would suggest something that is ozonic or something that is woodsy. Realistically, Vancouver and Seattle aren't that far apart and both are sea ports close to the mountains so if you can think of a Seattle fragrance, you would be close to what Vancouver would be like. Granville Island is on the waterfront as well so, again... water, ozonic. Also, fog, rain. Oh, the rain!!

Nanaimo is, as you would know, on Vancouver Island and yes, something sweet and chocolatey would definitely represent Nanaimo Bars but not Vancouver. They are entirely different cities.

Just had a thought... Vancouver is a hockey town (Vancouver Canucks). You didn't say what you were thinking of making but you could always think of ice, icy fragrances and the Canuck colours. Their logo is a Killer Whale (again... ocean). :)

I'm from Victoria, just across the water from Vancouver. I agree with Misschief, something that represents the ocean, mountains, and trees. I'm thinking cedarwood, pine, and something salty (seaweed). Vancouver is also very multicultural, a lot of Asian influences and known for it's great food, something to consider.

Latest posts

Back