ultra marine colorants for soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilightluver

Reaction score
just got some of these from a woman that was selling them,but no instructions came with them..lol..i have never used ultramarines or oxides before..do i need to dilute them before I add to soap base??
I heard that u can use alcohol..is this true..thank you

hey there, check out the "oxide" post on page two of this forum and it tells you how to make color blocks. i learned it from this forum and it works great!!!!! you add the powders to melted glycerin and mix with a hand mixer then let cool. then you can cut off a color chunk one at a time and use it as needed. then you aren't mixing your colors with every batch you make. there is a pic on that post as well. good luck!!!!!
lara

yes..After doing both of them,I agree the alcohol is easier... I like the glycerine idea,but the alchool is just the best way for me..I am sure not knocking anyones ideas...

BluebirdMama said:
I have been told to mix the oxides with some alcohol before adding it to your soap base! I find it easier to do, than mixing with glycerin.

does the added alcohol effect the scent at all?

Back