Turtle!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cool! I can't wait to show the my skateboarders when the show up tomorrow!

Tabitha said:
Who are your skateboarders & when/why are they showing up?

Didn't mean to be cryptic. Our house has an old tennis court that we turned into a skateboard park. Fun fun fun, The most we have had is 35 boys at one time. I just wanted a safe place for my kids to skate and then every other kid in the world showed up! It's ok, because I know/knew where mine were and more importantly - who they were hanging out with. Some of the ramps were donated by churches or ramp companies, some were homemade by the skateboarders themselves.

Does your park have a name? Something the boys call it? I ask because my husband skateboards & has been to nearly every park ever made, public & private, across the US.

That is so cool that your husband skates! Is he a pro? How/why does he get to all those skateparks? I don't have a current picture of it, but the boys just recreated 'Gold Rail' from Freedom Plaza in DC. Scares the hell out of me!

The kids used to call it the TF - training facility. If you look on youtube for Skateboard +Manassas there are some videos that were made here. Several of our 'boys' have gone pro - most moved out to LA, but they still come back to see us when the come to DC. Here is my Myspace, there is a little clip of the kids skating on the front page.

We had a skate shop called State Ten Boardshop, so we got to sponsor some really talented kids. We closed the shop when the building we were in was leased out from under us :evil: My 18YO is considering reopening, but it will be his baby. Getting the vendor accounts was a PIA so we have kept them all open with minimum orders for the past 2 years, so it won't be a major hassle to reopen. It was fun and a good experience for the kids to learn. They helped with choosing our stock, unpacking orders, cleaning the store, running the cash register, making deposits, all the fun stuff. Our family used to eat dinner in the shop almost every night! It was THE hangout for all the kids. Bonus - I can grip a board in less than a minute.

If you are ever in DC or NoVA you should come skate! I have a Vision longboard, but mostly I just look uber cool standing next to it!

::CAUTION:: :p ::BRAG ALERT:: My son just won the competition at Catoctin in Leesburg VA! 1st Place!

Great video!! That's a nice chunk of yard you've got their too. Soooo, how many times have you had to run someone to emergency? :D

cdwinsby said:
Great video!! That's a nice chunk of yard you've got their too. Soooo, how many times have you had to run someone to emergency? :D

In 8 years we have had 1 broken arm. (We have a BIG liability insurance policy!) Thankfully, it's never been tested.

Skateboarding is statistically safer than baseball, football, basketball and especially soccer! Plus, it's great exercise. Not for me, just saying....

Congrats to your son!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) Haven't been to the youtube vids yet, but I will go there next. Re-opening the store sounds like a great opportunity for your son (the same one who won the competition?), especially since he won't have to deal with re-doing all your vendor acct's. Hope he gives it a go..............

tootles,

Della :)

beadella said:
Congrats to your son!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) Haven't been to the youtube vids yet, but I will go there next. Re-opening the store sounds like a great opportunity for your son (the same one who won the competition?), especially since he won't have to deal with re-doing all your vendor acct's. Hope he gives it a go..............

tootles,

Della :)

After he finishes college!

Latest posts

Back