Too soon to make Fall soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnecancilla

Reaction score
What month is best to start making Fall/Winter themed soaps? I'm wondering if I should be ordering fo's early due to possible supply shortages.

I am starting to plan my winter soaps (Christmas gifts) and will probably make those within the next month. I love long-cured soaps, so I like 4-6 month’s lead time. But if you are selling and need to think about cost of inventory, and the FO lasting that long, your needs may differ from mine.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Most soaps will benefit greatly from curing 4 - 6 months, especially soaps with a high percentage of olive oil. I personally don't like a high content of olive oil in my personal use soap but I have customers that do. The ones I am making now will be perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

I start my fall line-up and Christmas soaps no later than March/April. I like a nice long cure and if I haven't at least started on some of my September show soaps by then I feel like I'm behind.

Back