Tomato Basil Soap made with the LJA 3 Oil Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

This is the soap recipe we were talking about yesterday OO, PO and CO.
I added tomato paste , dried basil, black pepper eo , clary sage and rosemary .It lathers great for a newborn soap.

CIMG5754.jpg

Thanks for looking

Kitn

Love it, Kitn! So how does it feel? I know it'll be harsh now, but any indication? I still haven't had time to make mine...arrgh.

LJA It is a very nice soap , I washed my hands with it and did not find it harsh at all , my hands felt good. can't wait until it cures some :D

Artisansoaps I kind of doubt that the basil will stay green , it might though , I made a peppermint tea that stayed green. :shock:

Thank you all for your kind words :D

looks cool, does the tomato have benefits, just wondered why people put food in their soap?

Kitn, I made mine today. Lathers like crazy and feels like it'll be pretty nice once it cures. We'll see in a month! My tomato paste heated up like crazy! I added it to the water then added the lye. Next time I think I'll add it at trace...

This may sound dense, but wondering what the soaps smell like. Do they maintain a tomato-y smell or is it purely color that is emitted in them?

jarvan said:
This may sound dense, but wondering what the soaps smell like. Do they maintain a tomato-y smell or is it purely color that is emitted in them?

I used Tomato Leaf FO, Jarvan. Sounds weird but it smells really good.

No Jarvan that is a legit question , I can smell tomato and the basil and the other eo's I put in , it smells fresh , I quite like it .

LJA , I tried it again today , OMG I am impressed for a week old soap.

Latest posts

Back