Titanium Dioxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblefan

Reaction score
Good morning soap lovers!

I would like to make a white soap, but I think the olive & jojoba oils & shea butter I want to use will add color.

The info I found on titanium dioxide says it's a great whitener, but I'm not sure how much color it will cover up. Has anyone had success changing what would be a tan/yellowish soap to white using TD?

Are there any other natural whiteners out there?

Thanks!

I appreciate the tip on the Bertolli OO!

I really want to stick with unrefined shea butter...the refining process appears to reduce/remove a lot of the moisturizing and healing properties.

I'm still researching, but I think the same holds true for jojoba.

Having a lighter OO should help though, since it makes up the bulk of the recipe.

Thanks again.

I want to say someone in the forum told me you could use up to (MAX) 1 tsp per pound of oils ... I must caution you though ... it does speed trace if you use that amount. I use about a quarter teaspoon PPO and have had snow white soap. My recipe includes shea & mango butters, a healthy portion of OO, and a few others that tend to tint the soap.

titaniun

have you tried shea oil yet? brambleberry has it and you only use half as much. i add it at trace. it is about the same color as jojoba. great conditioner! i use it at 5%. sap for lye is .131. just a thought....

Back