the price of coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
OMG.... I looked at the LouAnna coconut oil at Kroger today and it's went up 1.20 a can since I bought last time. Regular price is over $6 now, it was on sale w/Kroger card for 5.99.

The last time I bought it at Kroger, it was $5.80, I think. Still cheaper than buying it in bulk from AAA Chemical. The cost of EVERYTHING is going up. At least gas dropped a few pennies a gallon. Whoopee!!

I've been rationing my coconut, hoping prices will drop. They have to drop sometime, right? It's been over 6 months of this.....

HeatherNoel said:
I've been rationing my coconut, hoping prices will drop. They have to drop sometime, right? It's been over 6 months of this.....

I remember when gas was 27 cents a gallon. So, unfortunately, it doesn't have to drop and probably won't.

Oh geez. The last time I bought CO at Wal Mart it was about $5.50. And that was about 50 cents more than the time before.

I am fortunate to have a local wholesale supplier for my CO....I buy (bought) it 35 lbs at a time. In April, supplier informed me that the price of CO had doubled because of a crop failure, and that within 8 weeks or so the price should drop back down....ummmm.....it h asnt yet!

And on top of that, with the cost doubling, the supplier increased the package size to 50 lb buckets!!! Not only did cost double, but supplier took mid sized quantities away and replace with large buckets that cost over $150.00! Has had a tremendous impact on my soap production!

My fear is that even if the cost to them goes back down, will they truly drop their prices to the soap makers like me who have remained loyal and paid the ridiculously hig price throughout this "crop failure".....I guess time will tell!

I buy mine through my wholesaler in 20 lb pails and I'm paying about $2.97/lb plus shipping. Now where I live I have to ship almost everything in and I can't find Coconut Oil here in town....

Back