Sweetener??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
Two questions for everyone who makes lip balm. First, do you use a sweetener with your flavor oils? If so what's the best kind. I haven't been exceptionally please with any that I've tried so ideas and help is appreciated.

I really like MMS Sugar Kisses. Not overpowering and good even alone.

I tried flavors & sweetners from dozens of places & never liked any of them untill I tried bittercreeks. Their flavor oil is already sweet & I swear you could drink it straight! It's amazing!

I've found wonderful flavor oils .. LorAnn's gourmet candy oils are excellent !! I just cannot find a sweetener that I like ... I'll give Bitter Creek a whirly .. I've tried liquid stevia ... honey .. want to avoid aspartame ... gosh knows :? I think I might just avoid sweetener.

Honey isn't appropriate in a non-aqueous system, neither are alcohol nor glycerin-based flavors - they simply aren't oil soluble.

beachgurl said:
I've found wonderful flavor oils .. LorAnn's gourmet candy oils are excellent !! I just cannot find a sweetener that I like ... I'll give Bitter Creek a whirly .. I've tried liquid stevia ... honey .. want to avoid aspartame ... gosh knows :? I think I might just avoid sweetener.

Ditto!
These work great, better than any flavor oils or stevia I've tried. Taste like candy! Make sure it's an oil base many are water based flavors. I made that mistake. And the best part they do not cost a lot.

Malia

I get my flavor oils at Get Suckered. They carry almost every flavor in the world. I've only tried about 50, but I love 'em.

Deda said:
I really like MMS Sugar Kisses. Not overpowering and good even alone.
That's what I use as well. Most of mine I don't use a sweetner, just EOs, but if I'm going for a flavor like "coffee" I use Sugar Kisses.

Great sites everyone .. thanx so much for your help .. sorry this posting is late .. the past few weeks have been hell .. the heat pump pooped the bed .. along with the dishwasher ... and my van won't go into park (thank goodness that's under warranty) and to top it off my alcoholic aunt came to visit. :roll:

Latest posts

Back