Sweetcakes suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
My mom has requested Lemon Verbena from Sweetcakes so I figured I'd put together an order from there.

Has anyone tried Mango Tea?

Does anyone have favorites from there?

Deda: Wow... after reading the Angel description, I definitely have to try it. I might make 1 batch just for myself hehe :p it might be too good to share!
Do you recommend 1 oz ppo for that FO?

Anyone else try others or have something to recommend? I'm going to order today or tomorrow!

It's pretty strong, I used it at .7

Too bad it's so spendy :(

Mango Tea is awesome! It's one of my absolute 'must-haves' from SC. It soaps great and it sticks like glue forever and a day.

Others that I love from SC:

Green Apple
Cucumber Melon
Blueberry
Clean
Mandarin Orange
Masculine Musk
Orange Blossom
Tuberose Deluxe
Warm Vanilla Sugar (only for perfumes and lotion)

IrishLass :)

I really need to order from them the Karen's Ocean Rain....it makes a wonderful sea-weed/sea-salt MP soap.....however you have to order a minimum of $25? I have tried Ice Scapes before, but looks like they are getting rid of it. I LOVED that. So....has anyone tried any of the fall/holiday fragrances from there?? Which ones would you suggest?

Mmmm I have only just started to try these fragrances and must say I have not been disappointed at all. Mango tea is great and the Lemon Verbena rocks!!!!!.............I really really like it. Loving the J&J bath dupe as well. Still have a few to try and will post when they are done.....all have done great guns in the soap so far.

IrishLass said:
Mango Tea is awesome! It's one of my absolute 'must-haves' from SC. It soaps great and it sticks like glue forever and a day.

IrishLass :)

I had a really awful time soaping this, but I did use tea as my water so I wonder if that was the reason. It came together nicely, then separated, then I put it in the crock pot and heated and stick blended like crazy until it came back together.

I made 3 small batches and they all acted the same way. Yikes! So don't use tea for your water in the Mango Tea :D It was exhausting.

Lemon Verbena was awesome, gave me no trouble, and didn't discolor. I don't prefer the scent myself but it would probably be very popular for the herb lovers. It is lemony and herbal, with no sweetness.

tasha said:
Lemon Verbena was awesome, gave me no trouble, and didn't discolor. I don't prefer the scent myself but it would probably be very popular for the herb lovers. It is lemony and herbal, with no sweetness.

I love lemon verbena and my friends, my daughter and co-workers wanted only this soap. I bought this FO from Southern Soapers.
I am all out of thsi soap I don't even have one for myself...just a sliver.
Another hit is lemongrass & sage leaf - I used this to scent lotion base.

I love Sweet Cakes Blueberry. It's the best one out there. (I use 1 oz. ppo.) I love their Apple Jack & Peel; Sweetgrass; Sage, Sweetgrass & Cedar; Karen's Ocean Rain (soap cool) and Bay Rum. I've used all of these for years. Dottie

I LOVE SC....use many of their scents. For the holidays I can't get enough of Snow Place Like Home...it is just mouthwateringly fresh.

My all time favorite fragrance, anytime anywhere is SweetCakes Hermes Eua des Merveilles....I'd bathe in in if I could. I love it so much I don't make any products to sell with it...just use it all myself...lol

too spendy for me, ng has a really good angel. Are you oppsed to other places? there are a lot out there.

Just an update - it has been about 6 weeks.

Mango Tea is smelling really lovely and strong at 1 oz ppo.

Lemon Verbena - very faint! I'm disappointed. Also used at 1 oz ppo.

Angel discolored to a nasty mustard yellow, which I've read is common. Good and strong, 1 oz ppo.

Coconut Lemongrass is lovely. Not very strong but it seems to be holding in the CP soap. :wink: Osmanthus is nice, so is True Rose, Vera Wang, Yuzu.

I am in LOVE with Sweetcakes Oatmeal, Milk and Honey FO. I have bought the same FO from WSP and Brambleberry. Sweetcake's kicks their butts with their O,M and H FO.

Has a much more...um?..."natural" smelling honey scent to it, I guess. IDK if that's the best way to describe it. But that's what I was after...more natural smelling. :)

Love the True Rose too!

I'm gonna have to try the Margarita and the Ocean Rain.

Back