Sweet Almond Essential Oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildRose

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as sweet almond essential oil, used for scenting CP soaps? I have been looking for suppliers of the EO, and also recpies for an almond scented soap, but have found very little. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sweet almond oil isn't a fragrance oil. To get an almond scent you will have to use an almond fragrance oil, totally different animal. You can use sweet almond oil as one of your base oils in your formula but there is no scent to it. There is no natural almond fragrance or EO. Sweetcakes has a FO that they call Natural Almond but for me it faded in CP soap so I wouldn't buy that one.

The only problem with Bitter Almond is that it is extremely toxic - I have heard there is supposed to be some method to remove the toxin but it is still be recommended to be avoided and not used........

I prefer essential oils whenever possible. But sometimes synthetic is better. Natural Bitter Almond is toxic. Real sandalwood is endangered, not to mention hideously expensive. Don't get me started on musk! :(

I am still relatively new to this but I gather that there are certain scents that are either killed by lye (fruits, vanilla, coffee) or are extremely expensive in their natural form. So I've begun to explore FOs. Took advantage of Peak Candle's sale to experiment a bit.

you could try Peach Kernel Oil - it smells of Almonds, but not sure if that will come through in a soap

Latest posts

Back