Sweet Almond, and safflower oil....opinions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use safflower oil in some of my recipes. Theres not a big different but everyone uses what they want in their soaps. Play around with them and see if you can feel any different in the soaps. I really love grape seed oil in my soaps, though I didn't put it in all of them.

editted to add missing words.

sweet almond oil should be basically odorless. I don't use it because my daughter is allergic to almonds, so I cannot speak to that oil. but I do like, and use, safflower a lot (high oleic version). it is very white in soap, and is not as drying as many oils. it's a great contributor to a balanced formula.

I use almond oil a lot in soap as it is cheap round here and makes nice soap. Nothing special which you couldn't get from other soaps, but it's cheaper than grape seed and isn't prone to DOS.

A good way to use almond oil is in cosmetics though as it is very nice for the skin. Lipbalm, sugar scrubs etc

I love sweet almond but don't use it a lot because I am concerned it may be a problem for people with allergies. I do use in 2 of my favorite soaps which are decent sellers and haven't had any complaints.

I'm very fond of Almond Oil. It doesn't lend any scent at all. You can add some at the end if you want or just include it in the main body of the recipe.

Back