Sweating

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalsignum

Reaction score
This is not mine... What do you think what happened to this? The soap is still soft... around 4-6 hours from pouring...

17760105_10154802133958101_8912047389823198652_n.jpg

It could be a lot of things, hard to say. I've had some sweaty/leaky soaps before.

There are a lot of factors that can cause it.

- Overheating
- High water content
- Thin batter pour (not waiting until medium/thick trace)
- Uncooperative FO separating

My most recent batches have been poured at a liquidy state and I think I might've overheated them, so they were sweating zappy liquid for a couple days. The liquid reabsorbed and a week later, there is no zap anywhere on the bars.

It could be FO sweat. You can let the soap set for a couple of days to see if the moisture is reabsorbed.

It looks like M&P to me, but I could be wrong of course. And the pink knobs look like eraser tops. It makes me think of a knob for holding the soap, but my hands sure couldn't manage such contortions!

Whose is it? A friend's?

I'm currently having one of my cold process fragrance samples sweating as well. I was wondering what it might be, so I just set it aside. Of all the samples, only one is doing it.. So I'm curious as to whether I just didn't mix it well enough (it started to thicken quickly) or whether it is the fragrance oil itself that might be misbehaving.

I have one other I'm not certain about, both of the troublemakers are beautiful floral scents too. I've included the pictures of the two troublemakers as well as the Amber. The Amber is behaving well, I'm just including it as a comparison image.

Picture 1 - Amber (Left), Grapefruit Lily (Right Top), Lilac (Right Bottom)

IMG_20170406_084647.jpg

IMG_20170406_084759.jpg

IMG_20170406_084724.jpg

Both of my Lilacs move fast. I made a batch a week ago and darn near had soap on a stick. It was awful and I handstirrred it. I ended up making a small batch and put it on top as it looked so bad. Ended up working great except the bars are huge.

My WSP Lillac in Bloom does accelerate. I need to mix quick and get it in the mold. I use a mini stick blender to whip the FO in.
Not much time to work with.

It's one of Jan's favorites so I do what I can with it.
Both of my Lilacs move fast. I made a batch a week ago and darn near had soap on a stick. It was awful and I handstirrred it. I ended up making a small batch and put it on top as it looked so bad. Ended up working great except the bars are huge.

It sounds like we can safely say, that lilac is a beautiful fragrance and a pain in the butt. Don't expect to get fancy with it.

Latest posts

Back