Strawberries and a pineapple...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violets2217

Reaction score
One of my pineapple plants is finally giving me a pineapple!
F7F8183C-FDBB-4554-BB32-EA8F9CA94494.jpeg
sooo cute!
And yesterday my neighbor gave me a flat of strawberries and I’m still trying to figure out what to do with them! I’ll probably end up freezing them with the last mango 🥭 harvest... but this is a lot of strawberries! Need new recipes!

Strawberry preserves- follow directions that come with pectin.

Banana, Pineapple, Strawberry Fruit Salad
2 ripe bananas, sliced
1 can chunk pineapple (drained), in your case use fresh pineapple
1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
Commercial strawberry glaze mix or the following:
  1. Puree 1 cup of the strawberries in a food processor or by mashing thoroughly with a fork.
  2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together 3/4 cup sugar and 3 Tbsp. cornstarch, then add 1/2 cup water and strawberry puree. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 3 more minutes, until the strawberry mixture turns thick and translucent. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
Mix fruit and glaze together and chill for 2 hours before serving.

Last edited:
Oh goody good! Congratulations on your pineapple. A victory for sure.
I have no recipes outside of jams, or salads or smoothies. @lsg 's salad recipe looks delicious!

I love Yummly's recipe for Pineapple Mango Salsa which is by Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Girl).

And I'm guessing that if you can grow pineapples, that mangoes might also be nearby. ;)

EDIT: Doh, just reread your original post where you mentioned a mango harvest, and the fact that you want a STRAWBERRY recipe, not a pineapple one. Sheesh. How about a nice easy Strawberry Crisp?
Yep! Mango tree in neighbors back yard, but they share and my side has all the mangoes! I love apple crisp so, maybe I’ll try that! 😍

Latest posts

Back