Storing soap in old fashioned Crock?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay

Reaction score
I've tried goggling this, but all I get is how to make soap in a crock pot! :lol:
Is it ok/safe to store soap in an old fashioned crock? I have some in a couple of crocks in my bathroom. I have the top covered with saran wrap to keep moisture out and scent in. Is this ok or does it need to breathe?

I've tried goggling this, but all I get is how to make soap in a crock pot! :lol:
Is it ok/safe to store soap in an old fashioned crock? I have some in a couple of crocks in my bathroom. I have the top covered with saran wrap to keep moisture out and scent in. Is this ok or does it need to breathe?

if it's had a good cure time , I put mine in paper bag so they can breath some, covered up tight may not be good. some others would now more

some I put a cotton ball with scent in the bag roll up the top .

hope this helps
rob

Soap from scratch needs to breathe. I doubt the crock itself is a problem, but until it's good and cured, you want air around all the bars. I just wouldn't put the saran wrap over the top - a paper bag would be better.

As said above, as long as your soap has had a good cure the crock will be a great place. No plastic wrap. The crock will be dark and cool and as far as air goes I'm sure you will be peeking at your babies enough to let in all the air they need.

Latest posts

Back