Stearic spots?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebs

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I made this soap and added 1.5% of beeswax. I wanted to confirm that those white spots are just stearic spots, and the soap is safe to use. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20231228_140223.jpg
    20231228_140223.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello everyone! I made this soap and added 1.5% of beeswax. I wanted to confirm that those white spots are just stearic spots, and the soap is safe to use. Thank you!

Are the spots raised or flush with the face of the soap? Did you cut with a wire cutter or a blade? From the picture it reminds me of the bumps I get when cutting with a wire. Did you use a clay? It resembles clay that hasn't been mixed in properly.

Can't know about safety just by looking at a picture of soap, though. You'll need to give more info.

Thanks! I would say some of them are slightly raised on the face of the soap. I don´t think they are bubbles that appear when cutting with a blade because i cut some parts with a knife and they also appear! No clay was used. The ingredients were

Rice Bran Oil 50%
Cocoa Butter 20%
Coconut Oil 16%
Castor Oil 8%
Tallow Beef 6%

Lye concentration: 35%
I added the bee wax as an additive at 1.5%.

Latest posts

Back