specs in toner

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynp

Reaction score
Hi All ,I recently mad e a skin toner my ingredients being aloe vera juice calendula flower extract chamomile eo lavender eo and peppermint eo cosmoquil cq at 1% as preservative system. I am seeing TINY little specks in my formulation ,I'm thinking it may be something not geling well with something else ,any idea's? Thank you :?

so you are mixing a "water" aloe, with oils? maybe it is the oils not mixed into the water part?

yes aprox 20 drops to 12oz's of a combination of calendula extract and aloe vera juice.

I've found that Cosmocil will sometimes do that to a formula, but I have no idea why. Just shake it up and it'll be fine to use.

I actually made a small batch of toner adding one ingredient at a time a allowing time in between each ingredient,first iadded the cosmocil to the aloe juice no specs ....I was sure this is when I wpold see the specs and thought it may have been the sodium borate in the aloe because i had read that cosmocil was no good in borax emulsions and the cosmociil would sort of gel and turn brown but this did not happen I then added my eo's one at a time ,nothing only when I added the calendula flower extract did I see tiny little specs in my formula. I am just going to shake it up before use. I thought if I added a small amount of witch hazel it may break up any eo's that may not be saturating into the aloe juice,although I have been making this recipe for some time now and the only difference is I am now useing cosmocil cq. Thank You for the responses :D

Latest posts

Back