Soybean Oil? Anyone Tried It.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most recent, yes. It was a simple, no extras soap: lye water mixture into soubean oil, and then eucalyptus oil.

Same with the other one. It wasn't "superfatted" ...don't think there's such a thing with CP (??). It was the same as above... only I used a mixture of 2 FOs and a single EO. (Is it a no no to mix FOs and EOs??)

Ahh that could be the problem..soybean oil is a soft oil, so needs a harder oil to go with it, like coconut or palm..maybe try a smaller simple batch with 2 oils. I do CO and SBO {the oil, not veggie shortening}

I just posted a pic of my last soap last night, its a 100% coconut milk, made with CO, SBO, cocoa butter, Kaolin Clay and FO..turned out wonderfully :)

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=42556&page=104

As for superfatting, the lye will take what it wants, so you can't really tell which oil will be left over for the superfat..but yes superfatting is totally possible with CP :)

The FO+EO question..I only use FO's, so I can't speak for certainty on that, but I personally wouldn't think it would hurt to mix them..someone can correct me if Im wrong on that front.

Last edited:
Back