Southern Garden Scents sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! They have Chai Tea. Has anybody tried there Chai Tea?

Well, I went ahead and got:

Coconut
Black Vanilla
Cedar Leaves
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Chai Tea

Oh and one of their molds. I know somebody said they're good for salt bars, so that's the plan for it.

I'm scared off of Chai Tea since I tried NG's.
It makes my top three most disgusting fo's ever. (although this may be a matter of opinion.)

If you get it, let me know how you like it.

tasha said:
I'm scared off of Chai Tea since I tried NG's.
It makes my top three most disgusting fo's ever. (although this may be a matter of opinion.)

If you get it, let me know how you like it.

Really? Oh no! ;) I used a bar of soap that was chai tea mixed with a coffee fragrance and it was awesome! So I've been trying to make something like it ever since. I think they used BB Chai Tea Cybilla FO, but they are too expensive to me. So hopefully this one will be good.

What didn't you like about NG's?

I love Southern Garden. I haven't tried any of those scents, but I'd love to hear your thoughts when you soap them.

I did get some "sniffies" that were in those sample perfume containers, I liked all of them, I just havent got around to ordering any full size.

The only 1 I have tried is Nag Champa.. And I loved it ! I have 8 that I have not used yet. I'll post as I use them.. Hope everyone will do the same ;)

Well darn! I got a notice that they were out of Chai Tea. That's really the one I wanted...o'well.

Okay, so I soaped most of my fragrances. None of them accelerated or seized.

Coconut - smells great, soaped great...we'll see how it cures out. A little tan, but not too dark. I soaped it in a salt bar.

Cedar leaves - soaped great, smelled great. I did this one in a salt bar also and LOVE it. It makes a good guy scent.

Pumpkin Spice - soaped great but to me it smells more like butter than anything else. It's not even that spicy. I'm not smelling the pumpkin so much, but I'll give it a bit of time and see how it does.

Black Vanilla - Soaped great, but the smell is a bit off. Doesn't really smell like vanilla but I'm not real sure. I'll report on this one and the pumpkin when I cut tomorrow.

agriffin said:
Okay, so I soaped most of my fragrances. None of them accelerated or seized.

Coconut - smells great, soaped great...we'll see how it cures out. A little tan, but not too dark. I soaped it in a salt bar.

Cedar leaves - soaped great, smelled great. I did this one in a salt bar also and LOVE it. It makes a good guy scent.

Pumpkin Spice - soaped great but to me it smells more like butter than anything else. It's not even that spicy. I'm not smelling the pumpkin so much, but I'll give it a bit of time and see how it does.

Black Vanilla - Soaped great, but the smell is a bit off. Doesn't really smell like vanilla but I'm not real sure. I'll report on this one and the pumpkin when I cut tomorrow.

Any updates? What about the coconut... my coconuts have faded in the past.

(hahaha :roll: )

Oops...I forgot!

I cut the pumpkin and the black vanilla. I actually like the pumpkin now...still really buttery, but I think it will be a great fall scent. I ordered pumpkin crunch II from WSP so will try that also.

The black vanilla is nice. Not very strong but nice. I would use it again.

The coconut is still strong...we'll see how it keeps doing. I think I soaped it about 5-6 days ago. And it's just light tan, I was worried about it going darker.

oooh, do let us know how the Pumpkin Crunch II (WSP) works out for ya....I'm actually going to order some of that today.... I also found that WSP's Spiced Cranberry is a pretty strong, autumn fragrance that would probably mix well with the buttery FOs that need a bit of spicin up!

jadiebugs1 said:
oooh, do let us know how the Pumpkin Crunch II (WSP) works out for ya....I'm actually going to order some of that today.... I also found that WSP's Spiced Cranberry is a pretty strong, autumn fragrance that would probably mix well with the buttery FOs that need a bit of spicin up!

Oh good on the Spiced Cranberry!

Back