Solid dishwashing paste trials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use an eco friendly dishwashing liquid and the suds dont last long either, and it isnt great for greasy stuff. So i am more concerned about cleaning than sudsing. Any comments on that?
I added D-limonene to my formula and it’s great for grease.
I can get the hardest sticky labels off with mine.
I just made version 2 yesterday. I tried it right away and was amazed. Everything sparkles, dishes stove counters. I let it sit overnight and it is getting quite hard. I posted a question on YouTube about preservative and then saw another poster asked and Ariene answered it is low in pH and should not grow anything and she has not growths. I'm still worried and I might add germall plus next time. I really like it. Ran a wet sponge over the paste and then it foamed up well. I apply directly to the dishes. My only question now is where to buy the SCI and SCS as they seem very expensive for how much is needed to make each batch.

EDIT: I have been looking online at preservatives. Not all preservatives are approved for dishes and things that might come in contact with food. Food safe products must be used as residue can be left behind and trace left on dishes will contact food and could be ingested. So, I guess I am going to hold off on preservative and hope the vinegar and baking soda works to keep mold etc. from growing. The only other thing I am now trying to locate is the issue of the EO added ..is that a concern? I guess really good rinsing is needed. I still really like the product, and will make more for gifts. I need to find a better price for the noodles....I bought my 1 lb of each noodle from WSP and they were about 25$, add tax and the 'handling' fee, that is a lot for just 3- 8oz jars.
I haven’t put a preservative in mine. I’ve been making it almost 12 months. It’s gone through our very humid (sub tropical) conditions and we got to nearly 50 degrees Celsius in summer. The humidity was ridiculous. I was worried because it stays wet a lot of the day. This pic is the one we are currently using. It was made in February (toward the end of our summer). Forgive the Valley in it. We run it under the water as filling up. My husband rubbed his finger in it and this resulted:D. We’ve realised we can just pop it under the water , then remove it and let the rest of the water fill make more suds just like liquid. When hubby rubbed it, we had too many suds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 14
I run hot water over a dab of the paste sometimes. However, I don't think the bubbles hold up as well as with a liquid dishwashing formula.
I have the commercial version of these pastes (Axion) that my mom buys when she goes to El Salvador, and even that one does not have as many bubbles as a liquid formula, but it cleans well anyway. I have thought about making one and I might one of these days when I run out.

I added D-limonene to my formula and it’s great for grease.
I can get the hardest sticky labels off with mine.

I haven’t put a preservative in mine. I’ve been making it almost 12 months. It’s gone through our very humid (sub tropical) conditions and we got to nearly 50 degrees Celsius in summer. The humidity was ridiculous. I was worried because it stays wet a lot of the day. This pic is the one we are currently using. It was made in February (toward the end of our summer). Forgive the Valley in it. We run it under the water as filling up. My husband rubbed his finger in it and this resulted:D. We’ve realised we can just pop it under the water , then remove it and let the rest of the water fill make more suds just like liquid. When hubby rubbed it, we had too many suds.

It looks good..seems like not much is used up for that amount of time. Running it under water make it stay cleaner I am sure. Will try it. I have not let hubby use mine yet LOL. Will look for D Limonene to add. How much needs to be added ?

Latest posts

Back