Soappot weekend: Feb 23-25th

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What is in yours?

I emptied out my shop window displays. Hubby & I scrapped the Christmas paint off the fronts a couple days ago. I have a bunch of window washing to do (or not :wink: ). Feeling lazy again!

Absolutely nothing. My house is a mess, and I've got a case of Red Bull. I'm going to clean house. Like a fiend!
Maybe cook a few meals and freeze to eat during the week.
Then I have to get the guest room ready for Sgt Bunny, who comes home Monday night. Inauguration duty is over! We get him until the 5th!

I have to take it easy...I pulled my neck out and I'm in some pain.. :( If I start to feel better maybe some bath bombs and much needed house cleaning. My wife will have to do some cleaning with out me this weekend. We did get our business license and our insuracne policy to start our business :lol: also obtained a vendors license to go to local markets. Now we just have to get moving on the other products we want to sell. It was a big week maybe it was the stress that caused my neck to go out :evil:

Well, hard to say since Feb is still a ways off.. LOL j/k I know what you meant.

I will be finishing up this stupid heart cut-out project. I wanted to do it with a green batch with shamrocks, but I'm not sure I like it or that it's working. LOL But I'll finish up this batch just to say I finally did it. LOL
I also made some more salt scrubs and am going to get to the lip balms at some point this weekend. Before I do all this though, I need to go into town and get a new stick blender. Mine works, but only if I hold the motor part and the blender part at the same time since the lock broke off on it. :(

Abigtrout - yay you!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting all that in place is stressful isn't it? Now you're ready to take the town in suds!!!

I just finished two soaps - my Orca Soap which is Black & White with some Blue Mica mixed it and a straight, plain old Bastille. It was really hard to do a plain batch I kept thinking well I could add this and do that and how cool would that be.....yikes....but it is safely wrapped in its blankies..... :?

WEll, the cut-out batch has been put to bed and I will get it cut up tomorrow. I'll take pics regardless of whether *I* think it turns out or not. LOL I have a feeling a few of the bars will end up looking decent. :)

Oh and I ended up scenting it with a blend of cherry, ameretto and almond, so I am calling it Cherry Nut Bomb. It smells delish... I wish a little more of the nutty almond would come through, but I'm not sure it's going to. We'll see...

I'm hopeless. Hopeless. My plan was to make a batch without varying from a recipe I've made before, and which turned out well.

But NO. I couldn't do it. I added a bit of this, a bit of that, used a different mold. Gah. I am trying to make a soap that will be Most Excellent for the Canadian swap, and I am supposed to be sticking with what I know. But nooooo, those aren't quite good enough says my inner elf. You should tweak them. Just a little.

I am incorrigible.

Fingers crossed that it turns out as well as the way I imagined it.

As usual, I have to clean the house before I can do any soaping :lol:

If that happens, I'm planning on a couple more for the Local Soaps Project

Poteet Strawberry

and the lavender one I switched, it was going to be from my mom's town b/c I didn't think we had any locally (in my county) and I found a local farm today! They do lavender (and soaps.. argh.) and also beekeeping (how convenient, flowers and bees in one place!) so I bought some honey and dried lav buds, now it's going to be Vanderpool Honey Lavender

After the locals I'm going to do something fresh and citrusy, like Pink Lemonade maybe ;)

and I have a special MP project lined up, we'll see how that goes..

I have a batch of 70% coconut, 30% palm gelling in the oven right now....lemon fresh for cleaning.

I had the urge to soap today, but didn't want to get all my soaping supplies out. So, I found some MP hanging around and scented with White Tea & Ginger.

I made some MP soap butterflies for my dog...! :wink:

Truly.... it turns out my butterfly soap mould is the perfect shape and size to fit my DH's hand, and it is he who washes the doggie.....

So my clear "natural" base, a little neem and castor oils, goats milk powder, aloe juice and lavender EO = nice clean pooch!

Tanya :)

I did some house/shop cleaning & some supply ordering. That was about it though.

MIL is on her was over, we plan to go out for diner.

Oh, and my daughter's science fair project. That got lots of attention this weekend. Trying to wrap it up.

Tabitha said:
LOL jcandles, about the stupid hearts!

LOL
Well, I got it cut and boy do they smell goood!!! yummm... However, they don't look all that good. I will take pics and get them posted in the gallery something tomorrow or the next day. I have to wind down now, and get ready to go to work tomorrow. :)

I think I AM going to do a shamrock one, but it's going to be completely different and I don't think I will waste near as much soap. :) We'll see though - that's next weekends project... :)

Back