Soapmaking Spreadsheet Recipe Tool

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Grant, thank you for sharing your spreadsheet. Have downloaded it and am looking forward to using it soon. I'm a hobbyist (not a seller) and gift soaps and other skin care products to family and friends. I made a rudimentary spreadsheet years ago to keep track of my ingredients and costs per batch but yours looks much more advanced - and with macros! Very kind of you to share :)
Happy New Year and Happy Soaping! 🎉
Hi Saffron, I hope you like the spreadsheet. In the New Year I plan to consolidate some of my various spreadsheets. Currently I have the soap one that you downloaded. I have others which are not nearly so complicated/comprehensive for Candles, Bath Bombs, Shower Steamers, and wax melts.

Like you I am a hobbyist and don't normally sell my products. I've been doing a little selling recently to raise funds for a charity I'm involved with so I thought it would be worthwhile knowing how much things cost. :)

There is a fair bit of setting up involved in making use of the spreadsheet. Mostly it is simply putting in the dimensions of moulds, the prices of oils, fragrance etc. Once it is done things should be fairly straightforward. If you run in to any issues please let me know.

Have fun. Grant

Hello Grant,
Wow you put in so much work into this spreadsheet. I really wanted to give it a try but I have no clue how to download or if its even still available. When I click the link it just takes me to another thread. It may be because I'm not very tech savvy. Can you direct me to where I need to go to download? Thank you so much and I cant wait to give this a try.

I think the post above yours has the link. Does it not work?
It was really weird because when I sent my question, there was a different post above it. A little later I went back and the link was there! Thank you for responding!

Hi IanT,

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I'll find time to combine a number of spreadsheets (soap, bath bombs, candles, etc.) that I use. It will be a bit of a task and I need to find the time and enthusiasm for it. :)

If you have any issues with the soap spreadsheet please feel free to ask questions. I'll do what I can to help.

Hi IanT,

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I'll find time to combine a number of spreadsheets (soap, bath bombs, candles, etc.) that I use. It will be a bit of a task and I need to find the time and enthusiasm for it. :)

If you have any issues with the soap spreadsheet please feel free to ask questions. I'll do what I can to help.
Thank you so much!!

I just came to thank Grantxw8 for the excel file. Its great. So much hard work so thank you very much. I will spend the rest of my Sunday filling it with my recipes.

Latest posts

Back