Soaping in South Dakota

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris Ann

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Doris Ann, and I now live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I have been lurking for a while and have learned a lot. I’ve made eight batches of soap so far, but basically only used two recipes. I just tried different additives or coloring techniques with different batches. Originally, I just found this forum when I was making lotion bars, deodorants, and lip balms. The soap making seemed so difficult, and I thought I would never want to try it. I’m really not sure what inspired me to give it a try. Anyways, I’m really enjoying it. I appreciate all of the knowledge shared by the members of this forum.

Hello, my name is Doris Ann, and I now live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I have been lurking for a while and have learned a lot. I’ve made eight batches of soap so far, but basically only used two recipes. I just tried different additives or coloring techniques with different batches. Originally, I just found this forum when I was making lotion bars, deodorants, and lip balms. The soap making seemed so difficult, and I thought I would never want to try it. I’m really not sure what inspired me to give it a try. Anyways, I’m really enjoying it. I appreciate all of the knowledge shared by the members of this forum.
I am really enjoying this too!!! So fun! Smells so good! I want to try lip balms and lotions now! And isn't this forum the greatest? Everyone is so kind and helpful! I have learned so much from this forum!

Waving like a mad person from the other side of the state!
Right back at ya. Nice to meet you.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone in your own community to talk Soap with? My family just doesn’t show the interest I’d like for them to show.

I'm also a native of South Dakota but the other side, you know, with cows and corn fields. Your part of the state is a gorgeous piece of Creation. If you don't have a IRL soaping community, here we are! And once your family starts using your soap, they will definitely start to show interest. And, ahem, 8 batches, 0 photos? We want pics!

Welcome! My Mom is from North Rapid(Born and raised and moved back as an adult) and I lived there myself for a year. Black Hills are beautiful and I still have family in Piedmont and Rapid City

Welcome to the Forum. I saw my first buffalo herd in Custer State Park :)
But did you feed the wild Donkeys?

Last edited by a moderator:
HI, I'm from the other side of the state. I make mostly tallow & lard soaps for family and friends.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone in your own community to talk Soap with? My family just doesn’t show the interest I’d like for them to show.
There's a few soapers around here, but they're kind of a snotty bunch (mostly GM or MP). I've been fortunate enough to make friends with a gal in MN who's originally from here so we get together when we're around.

Welcome Doris Ann. I'm a new soaper. Born & raised in Belle Fourche, SD now living in what California natives call the Golden State. My friend & I soap together. She's gone absolutely nuts (addicted) to the whole soap making adventure. I appreciate all the wonderful advise folks post to this forum. And the respect, love, and care they show their fellow man. God grant you many blessed years.

I'm also a native of South Dakota but the other side, you know, with cows and corn fields. Your part of the state is a gorgeous piece of Creation. If you don't have a IRL soaping community, here we are! And once your family starts using your soap, they will definitely start to show interest. And, ahem, 8 batches, 0 photos? We want pics!

Nice to meet someone from East River on here. Pictures of myy soaps would not be that impressive. I’m on some beginner soap making Facebook pages. They post pictures of their first batches that look like cupcakes and hot cocoa and stuff that makes you hungry. Mine are not impressive. They look like soap. I’ll see if I can find some to post.

Welcome! My Mom is from North Rapid(Born and raised and moved back as an adult) and I lived there myself for a year. Black Hills are beautiful and I still have family in Piedmont and Rapid City.

The Black Hills are beautiful. I love it here. At least you have family you can visit in The Hills.

Welcome Doris Ann. I'm a new soaper. Born & raised in Belle Fourche, SD now living in what California natives call the Golden State. My friend & I soap together. She's gone absolutely nuts (addicted) to the whole soap making adventure. I appreciate all the wonderful advise folks post to this forum. And the respect, love, and care they show their fellow man. God grant you many blessed years.

I’m surprised to see so many folks with South Dakota connections on here. That would be so fun...having a friend to Soap with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome.gif

Latest posts

Back