Soaping from Ohio, for fighters!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupofChelsea

Reaction score
Hello!!!!

I'm a new soaper, obviously - from Northeast Ohio! I just recently made my first batch (ok, my second...but let's call the first batch Batch 0, if only for its ugliness!) of soap, Almond Biscotti soap and it came out lovely!

My ultimate soaping goal is to potentially sell soap with a "fight" theme! I train in Brazillian Jiu-jitsu, on the rare occasion Muy Thai/Kickboxing, and I'm often around the cage fighting/combat sports scene. I think it'd be fun to have soaps with themes around those, especially since its important to take care of your skin and hygiene in those sports!
Even though I'm just starting, my biggest worry is picking a "theme" or selling point for the soaps. A fight theme? A spa theme? Nature? Is it too much if I mix things? And what about about a company name?!!!!

On the non-soap side, I'm a huge nerd, a farm girl, and a fighter! I love anything Neil Gaiman, anything Doctor Who or sci-fi, bird watching, video gaming, and outdoors related! I'm really excited to get to know everyone here and learn some awesome things!!

**Also quick question - I did hot process soap because I'm impatient...what do you all do while your CP soap is curing?!

Last edited:
Welcome!!!

To answer your question, plan and make more soap!!

Welcome, I too plan and make lots of soap. However, HP does well with a good cure like CP does. I prefer CP over HP but that's a personal choice. There are many who enjoy HP over CP. As for all your concerns with starting a business, I would just enjoy making soap and make sure it's something that you will enjoy in the future. If you find a recipe/recipes that you think are the bomb, and you know how they will perform, act after some time then I recommend you go foward with your business plans. I gave out hundreds of bars to people and begged for feedback. Once I felt I had a great recipe/recipes then I started on the next steps to having a small cottage business. Have fun with it and see where it takes you.

Thanks!

Planning sounds like a good idea :) The only reason I tried HP first was entirely because I didn't want to wait weeks haha. But the texture of CP looks so much smoother and nicer!

You can use CP soaps before the full 4 week cure. I gel mine, and if I'm patient (which is not too often) I cut a small sliver about 1 week in to have a prelim test of the soap. Its not the greatest then, but it can give u an idea. I mean, winemakers taste the wine before its ready for bottling...so why can't us soapmakers try our soaps before the done date??? Just make sure there's no zap!

Latest posts

Back