SoapCalc App for IPhone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
Does anyone use the SoapCalc Pro App for IPhone? I like the fact that it gives you suggestions for a more balanced (sometimes) recipe but it always pushes the cleansing way up, higher than I'm looking for it to go. I know it's just a suggestion but I guess it causes me to doubt myself. If you use this app what do you think of it?

i purchased the pro version. it was a hit and miss for me, and for others too if you read the reviews. sometimes the app open, and sometimes don't. i just checked my iphone and it opened fine this time. 3 weeks ago, my internet was down, i really needed it and it failed to open. i was pissed!

i only use it for emergencies, and the only thing i hate about it is it doesn't have the percentage option like in the computer version.

You both have better luck than me! Since I got a new phone, it won't even open! I finally just deleted the app I was so frustrated.

Yes, it was down for a few weeks. I do like it for the fact that if an idea comes to me I can run it through no matter where or when (like the middle of night.)

I was actually surprised the app opened today. I thought the developer has totally abandoned it, seeing it never have any updates and so on. Glad it's back and running now.

There is another calc, i forgot the name but the icon is green. They have a pro version too (i have the free version, looks very similar to soapcalc). Ain't gonna buy it though since 1 on my phone is more than enuff.

I wish they had it for android. The only ones I have found are a buggy one that will only work in grams even if you select ounces, and the BB one, which, while I like that I can save recipes, will only show me a 30% lye concentration, and also the lye amount seems to be off.... or at least it's higher than I'm used to with soapcalc.

Latest posts

Back