soap stuck in mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't get my soap out of the primary mold, (it's plastic) and I did grease it up, any suggestions would be appreciated. It's been in there for 4 days, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Irene

Put it in the freezer for an hour or two. Try and push it out. If it doesn't budge then set it on the counter for about ten minutes and it will hopefully sweat a bit. Then it might come out.

i have some soup that took me more than a month to get it to pop out... i really hope you can get yours out with out ruing your soap or the mold.

I cleverly lined a pvc pipe with oatmeal to make an oatmeal soap. Hint, that just cooks the oatmeal to your mold...........sigh.

This is what I did - in the freezer, then formed a sideways tent with cardboard and used a blowdryer to warm the outer layer of the soap. 30 minutes of grunting and blowing later and I had both molds done.

stuck soap

Yaaaaayyyy, it came out! I put it in the freezer for about two hours and then did a bit of prying and then it came out. This is my third batch and I alway go on to hand mill it, so if it breaks it would be okay. If however I did not hand mill it then if it broke I would be disappointed. One thing I have noticed about hand milling is that it takes a looooonnnng time to cure. Anyone have a recipe that does not take weeks and weeks to completely dry out?
Thanks all for your help.

Irene

What is your recipe you used? You could probably still use the same recipe and do a water discount.

Re: stuck soap

Irene said:
Yaaaaayyyy, it came out! I put it in the freezer for about two hours and then did a bit of prying and then it came out. This is my third batch and I alway go on to hand mill it, so if it breaks it would be okay. If however I did not hand mill it then if it broke I would be disappointed. One thing I have noticed about hand milling is that it takes a looooonnnng time to cure. Anyone have a recipe that does not take weeks and weeks to completely dry out?
Thanks all for your help.

Irene

I assume you are hand milling for a reason.

To shorten the time for it to harden, don't add any additional liquid - or at least use very little. Fresh soap requires no additional liquid.

Latest posts

Back