soap stamping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Fleur de Lis stamp from Etsy, but they have the same one at Brambleberry.

Hi, at what stage do you stamp your CP Soap? When you slice it after 24/48 hours or when it has finished curing? :-o

It all depends on your recipe and whether you gel or not gel. Definately don't leave it 'til its cured, its too late, your soap needs to be somewhat firm but soft, so the stamp an imprint.

Quoted from Lynnz - old post.

I have found for my recipe that 48hrs post make and I can stamp.............your stamp needs a little bit of spring in it if that makes sence.........I say to people if your trying to find the best time to stamp take a soap or two stamp and if not successful go back the next day and stamp on the other side or above if room taking note of how your soap feels. I swear fragrances also play a part because I have had logs that just would not stamp I would gently rock the stamp (something else I do ) and big clumps of soapwould come away Arrrgh honestly even weeks after it was still doing the very same thing!!!!!!! Same recipe all made the same way only variation being the fragrance!!!!. So yes I dont pull the stamp straight up out of the soap either I give it a little bit of a wiggle.

Bodybasics, here's a pic of the fleur de lis stamp I use. I made this soap last week - rose scented with rose clay.

rose soap.JPG

There's a similar thread to this going on, but thought I'd echo Lindy and recommend Dave here as well. Really, really happy with the stamp he made, the customer service, and the price.

http://lasercutz.co.uk/

Also, I used to use sodium lactate in my soaps, but even immediately after cutting them the soap would be a bit too hard to stamp well. I find that after I cut, I can usually stamp 24 hours later. It's a definite learning curve though, so don't get frustrated. My stamps used to look horrible, but they're pretty nice now. Also, pour some olive oil onto a paper towel and dip your stamp in that every few bars. Makes the stamping look a lot cleaner cause it won't stick to the soap.

Good luck!!

There's a similar thread to this going on, but thought I'd echo Lindy and recommend Dave here as well. Really, really happy with the stamp he made, the customer service, and the price.

http://lasercutz.co.uk/

Also, I used to use sodium lactate in my soaps, but even immediately after cutting them the soap would be a bit too hard to stamp well. I find that after I cut, I can usually stamp 24 hours later. It's a definite learning curve though, so don't get frustrated. My stamps used to look horrible, but they're pretty nice now. Also, pour some olive oil onto a paper towel and dip your stamp in that every few bars. Makes the stamping look a lot cleaner cause it won't stick to the soap.

Good luck!!

I have several stamps from him that are custom designed. One of them is my logo and I have to say his service and price is second to none. Even his with shipping I find him less expensive than many others.

DSC01205-1.jpg

I may have posted this picture before....

That's a very nice stamp Lindy. How long would you say it took to get your stamp made and delivered?

Back