Soap Pot Weekend: Jan 9-11, 2009

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What are you making this weekend?

I am working on:

Valentine gift sets
Edible Vday B&B treats
Whipped Soaps

Tabitha said:
Edible Vday B&B treats

Explain? Please! :lol:

I'm making a big ole mess.

I was going to make cream soaps, but I,m out of phenolphthalein and it won't be here until monday.
So I'm going to clean out my office. Down to the bare walls.

let's see, I'm working on:

TONS (like over 40 orders!) of bath crayons..
V-Day sampler packs (CP/MP/fizzers/bath oil)
several orders of laundry detergent
several orders of cloth wipe solution
(^^^That's all just tonight!)

maybe another batch for the local soap collection
maybe some kind of cool MP project over the weekend

Explain? Please! :lol:

Edible dusting powder
Edible body mist
Edible massage oil

The edible massage oil is similar to the Kama Sutra's Lover's Oil & so easy to make. It's glycerin based w/ flavor & additional light oil to thin it if you like. The flavor oil makes it NON latex safe though, FYI :wink: .

Lil Outlaws

You sound really busy. I would like to see your samplers. I did not see them on your website.

The samplers are on the HyenaCart store (in my siggy) - I may tweak them, since they're new LOL but for now...

My DH swears he'll get my "real store" up and running soon hehehe

and I *am* busy - I just finished packing up the last of tonight's orders though, woohoo!!

Bath Crayons

Lil Outlaws said:
let's see, I'm working on:

TONS (like over 40 orders!) of bath crayons..
V-Day sampler packs (CP/MP/fizzers/bath oil)
several orders of laundry detergent
several orders of cloth wipe solution
(^^^That's all just tonight!)

maybe another batch for the local soap collection
maybe some kind of cool MP project over the weekend

Wow I seem to remember when you were just learning about those bath crayons. :wink: Congrats.

Lil
What in the world does a democrat smell like? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DEMOCRAT - 4oz (blue) 2.00 *scent compliments typical characteristic traits of Democrats*

Hot pink valentines day.

I have the makings ready for a simple small 3 gms batch for Valentines day CP.
Hot pink with Marshmallow fluff fragrance mainly.
A small deep purple swirl made up of Indigo powder and that hot pink.I have added some Madigasca Vanilla to the purple just to see what happens.
All I have to do now is set out the molds the mix it all up.
Leaving nothing out this time.
Hopefully there will be enough to pour into those tiny butterly molds that ChrissyB sent me. So I guess I had better save some Marsmallow fluff to go with the batch I will use the butterflies as imbeds in.
So off to do dishes and clear benches up ready.
I think I am getting intouch with my inner cupid at last.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, the crayons went over VERY WELL! :lol:

Democrat (and the other political FO as well as Red Hat Society) came from NG - so far all the Dems have loved it LOL (like me!)

ETA: pics!

Me and a bunch of today's packages (not all, but most. BLURRY cause my daughter took it LOL):

Well - I just finished making my first salve - (EVOO, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Tea Tree Oil). I plan on making some more Milk'n'Honey Soap, Lavender Soap and attempting another swirl. I also want to try to make the bath crayons - here's hoping I get in all done.... :? :?

nothing to exciting just re-stocks and since we just signed up for a 2nd fm that starts in may and i have made any soaps since october............... well you get the picture. i need to start doing some serious soaping.

just finished a log of sweet pea ( tony's) and the the other log is scented with sanguaigno orange and patchouli from scentworks. both are goats milk soap so their setting out in a snowbank to keep em cool.

How do you make bath crayons? I haven't seen those before! They sound great! My son loves anything to play with in the tub!

soaped

:lol:
Done I made the marshmallow fluff soap but poured the butterflies before fragrancing so that I could use them with anything later. They are so cute about 1inch by half an inch.
I poured the deep purple swirl from very high into the bucket I had mixed it in but I used the kabab stick a bit too much . The effect is more marbleing than swirl. Should be okay. That went into 6 heart cupcake molds and one micro wave bundt mold that when done I will freeze for a few hours and then run under hot water to get it out as it isn't a flexible mold.
Thats it for now.
How ever the once apon a story rebatch is calling me and I do have the glycerine now to do it. Maybe after a big rest. Then it shall be rebatched into 'Once apon a time -The lost Unicorn.' :lol:

Hi Everyone
Hey Starduster glad you are getting use of the teeny weeny butterflies! The first thing I thought of when I saw them was you!!
Make sure you post pics when done!!

starduster,

Where did you get your marshmallow fo? I'd like to find a good one.

I just finished making a Lavender Cream Soap - I used crushed Lavender Flowers & whole cream. I coloured it and it's supposed to be a kinda lavender colour - we'll see once it's done it's gel stage. I topped it off with whole lavender flowers for prettiness.....I need to go find some charcoal to make some balck & white soap.... :D

Lil Outlaws - love the pic of you with the boxes!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

Marshmallow Fluff

Tabitha said:
starduster,

Where did you get your marshmallow fo? I'd like to find a good one.
I purchased it from www.bigtreesupplies.com.au/ an Aussi Lady about 3 hours from me.
It never seemed very marshmallowy in the bottle so I was slow to try it.
In the soap making it did come accross well.Later today I will know how it has fared in the 24 hour incubation I let it have.
I have a soap I purchased from Mor sometime ago very expensive in a special box. The perfume had died off a bit while sitting amongst my special soap treasures so I put it back in it's little box home and just smelt it and it is now holding that fragrance.
:lol:

I made a soap with pomegranite noir, coloured with pink and purple swirls but the soap pixies got to it! It went lumpy and super hot :x

OK, it feels good to get back to work! I had not made anything since about Dec 15th!

Today I made:
Valentine gift sets in 3 scents
Edible body mists in 3 flavors
Edible massage oils in 3 flavors
Whipped Soaps in 4 scents
Lotion bars in 4 scents

I worked with cherry, straw/champagne, lilac, garden mint, lemon lavender fos & chocolate mint, strawberry banana & vanilla cupcke flavors.

Back